Intro/Bio

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

joedeck
Embryo

Intro/Bio

Post by joedeck »

Rangers, DEP's and the rest, I am 33 years young, father of 3, happily married and live in "the other sandbox called Florida." 8)

I have been in construction for 15yrs, owned my own rough framing business for 5 years, County Building Inspector for 2.

I graduated w/ a 3.75 gpa from a private school in Chi-town.

As of right now I haven't talked with a recruiter due to the fact that I have spent the last year or so gathering all the intelligence I could about the Army, MOS's and the Ranger's.

I have already memorized the R.A.N.G.E.R. creed because as you all have said a number of times here already it's a lifestyle, and I'm ready to start living it.

This is the best site I have found on the subject (hours and hours of reading I have enjoyed) and you guys are the baddest mofo's, and I just want to say thanx for all of your dedicated service and sacrifice so that I have been able to live a life of richness!

And now it's time I gave something back...

I come from a family of jar heads and jack tars. I have been doing hard labour for years as I have noted previous. I got the nickname Joedeck because (for those of you who aren't familiar with framing) throwing down 4x8 sheets of plywood on a roof is called "decking" and I could average 150 sheets a day, nailed off, hence the name Joedeck.

So for all you young bucks that think 33 is old, I am in the most prime condition of my life soooo.....

I WANNA BE AN AIRBORNE RANGER... as the song goes....

Stats PFT: 110 push-ups
85 sit-ups
12:32sec 2-mile
0 felonies, non-smoker/drinker (sorry Rangers I'm usually the D.D. :wink: )

I have only 2 questions: are my chances good for getting a waiver for having more than 2 dependents? How do I get a mentor?

I've done all my research.....I'm planning to meet a recruiter in a month or so.....this site has been priceless for my decision..... and I know I have a helluva lot of work and play and blood (no tears, I hate crybabies, do-gooders and busy-bodies) ahead to reach your coveted status-MY GOAL!

Thassit. Here's to you and me, may we never disagree, but if we do, Fuck you more of the shit for me :twisted:

Joedeck
The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable. ~ Sun Tzu
Fishboy
Ranger

Post by Fishboy »

Welcome to the site and Good Luck
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Welcome to the site Joe and thank you for your desire to give back to this great nation of ours. Don't take any shit from the recruiter. They might try to talk you into something else due to your age, but if you have a never quit attitude, you'll do fine. Don't sign anything until it's exactally what YOU want.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

joedeck

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome joedeck.

Nice avatar but not for you. Since you have not yet served in the U.S. Forces, you can not use one depicting the military. Try using one from the DEP selection.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Joedeck,

Welcome to the site. PM inbound.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
joedeck
Embryo

Post by joedeck »

Ranger Fishboy, Ranger Rangerguru, Ranger Steadfast, and DEP Copperhead, thanks for the reception and I changed my avatar.

DEP Copperhead: I didn't receive the PM plus I'm not familiar with how to use it yet, lil' help maybe? :oops:
The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable. ~ Sun Tzu
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Joedeck,

No problem. In the upper-right corner of you screen it will read: "You have 1 new message". Clicking that link will open your inbox.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Good luck!

Because I wanna grade your fucking push-ups one day.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
joedeck
Embryo

Post by joedeck »

I apologize for the "you guys" and the "thanx" and the unsolicited PM to Ranger Rangerguru, will not happen again.

Thank you Ranger Kilted Heathen, I hope I get the honor of having you grade them, I know I wouldn't let you down sir.

J
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Kilted Heathen wrote:Good luck!

Because I wanna grade your fucking push-ups one day.
I wanna see him "deck" 150 sheets of plywood in a day.
RSD 96-99
joedeck
Embryo

Ranger Vee sir,

Post by joedeck »

150 with ply-racks on the wall, not cut up, straight run with 1 offset and 10 hour day, sir.

J
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

joedeck wrote:I apologize for the "you guys" and the "thanx" and the unsolicited PM to Ranger Rangerguru, will not happen again.

Thank you Ranger Kilted Heathen, I hope I get the honor of having you grade them, I know I wouldn't let you down sir.
J
Immediately following "Thank you" is the point-of-shut-the-fuck-up.

My perception is currently tinged by the reality of watching a hundred motherfuckers medevac their fucking chow whilst reacting to indirect fucking fire.
We hadn't issued weapons yet so they used trees to simulate. They literally used fucking trees. Even I couldn't fucking believe what the fuck I was seeing and I'm one of the worst assholes in the whole fucking camp.

Today I fought a heroic struggle with the urge smother some poor cunt to death with his own fucking patrol cap.

I'm flattered you feel it would be an honor to have me grade you but you'll more probably end with one of the morally bankrupt sociopaths that I'm proud to consider a colleague and in that event rather than an honor you're not even likely to consider it a good fucking day.

And I hope it fucking rains.

And don't fucking call me "Sir" again, goddamnit.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

I see you have already meet some of the welcoming committee! :D

Rules of Engagement PM inbound
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
joedeck wrote:I apologize for the "you guys" and the "thanx" and the unsolicited PM to Ranger Rangerguru, will not happen again.

J
Immediately following "Thank you" is the point-of-shut-the-fuck-up.

My perception is currently tinged by the reality of watching a hundred motherfuckers medevac their fucking chow whilst reacting to indirect fucking fire.
We hadn't issued weapons yet so they used trees to simulate. They literally used fucking trees. Even I couldn't fucking believe what the fuck I was seeing and I'm one of the worst assholes in the whole fucking camp.

Today I fought a heroic struggle with the urge smother some poor cunt to death with his own fucking patrol cap.

I'm flattered you feel it would be an honor to have me grade you but you'll more probably end with one of the morally bankrupt sociopaths that I'm proud to consider a colleague and in that event rather than an honor you're not even likely to consider it a good fucking day.

And I hope it fucking rains.

And don't fucking call me "Sir" again, goddamnit.

Holy shit ....I am giggleing my fucking ass off ......
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Now that you've been properly welcomed. Welcome to the site.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Return to “Introduction Archive”