Army Ranger Engineer

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Civiguy
Embryo

Army Ranger Engineer

Post by Civiguy »

Rangers, I humbly come you for guidance and answers.

I have done some research in regards to Army Combat Engineers. Along the way I contemplated a few questions.

1. How does being a 21B in the big Army compare to being a 21B in Battalion? (I read that engineers were being used for patrols instead of there MOS)

1a. Are there special schools offered?

2. What types of things do engineers do once they are in Battalion?

Regards,

Civiguy
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

I'm not going to say I am familiar with the Regiment MTOE, but I am pretty sure there are no 21B's assigned to the 75th Ranger Regiment.

If modularity has changed this, someone will speak on it if they can.

If they don't, understand this is sensitive information and do not push for an answer to this question.

Thank you.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

LastHardSapper wrote:As a Sapper and not a Ranger I can say Regiment has always had a CPT and SFC (at least during my career) assigned to Regiment. A few of my buds have held these positions over the years. Don't know if there are more now or not.
Roger, I am familiar with those assignments. His post implies initial entry.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Civiguy
Embryo

Post by Civiguy »

Thank you for your replies.

vxhybrid wrote:21B does not come with an option 40.
vxhybrid,

Thank you for clarifying, I understand that 21B does not come with Option 40, but does that mean 21Bs can't serve as Rangers or just that there is not guarantees?
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

If you're in the right place at the right time, you can get a shot at attending Ranger School, which leads to earning a Ranger tab.
But RS is just that, a school.
The Regiment is a unit and a mission, the unit just gets a larger set of school slots than other outfits.

Your chances at getting a Ranger slot are probably better if you're in one of the airborne engineer battalions at Ft Bragg. And if not, you'll at least be a paratrooper.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “Recruitment Process”