Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Reaper
Egg

Intro

Post by Reaper »

Thought I'd take the time to introduce myself while being a information sponge.

My name is Casey, I'm 17 at the moment, and I reside in L.V. I am enlisting May 8th, two days after I turn 18, and I am getting my Option 40. There is a Ranger at the recruiting station I went to in Henderson, NV. and he provided me with information I am very thankful for. I can't go down there again until I'm 18 thanks to my favorite mother since she will not let any recruiter pick me and drive me other there. You guys have a really neat site here and I would be rolling down river in a barrel without the information here. I didn't even know what Option 40 was until I came here. Thank you.

I plan on leaving for B.C.T. in late July or early August after I graduate and go on from there. I don't why but I have been dreaming of being a Ranger for a couple of years now. I always knew when I was little I was going to enlist but as a little kid I thought I was going to be a fighter pilot. Ha. Around third grade, I found out my dad served in the Army and in 'Nam so I decided Army it was. My mother is hell bent on stopping me but I'm guessing that's just a mother thing...

Well, enough of my boring self. Rangers, thank you for letting me be a guest on your site, and thank you for the information. I'd also like to say to all service personal past and present, thank you. I know theres no amount of words that can say it truly, but thank you.
RANGER513
Ranger

Re: Intro

Post by RANGER513 »

Reaper wrote:Thought I'd take the time to introduce myself while being a information sponge.

My name is Casey, I'm 17 at the moment, and I reside in L.V. I am enlisting May 8th, two days after I turn 18, and I am getting my Option 40. There is a Ranger at the recruiting station I went to in Henderson, NV. and he provided me with information I am very thankful for. I can't go down there again until I'm 18 thanks to my favorite mother since she will not let any recruiter pick me and drive me other there. You guys have a really neat site here and I would be rolling down river in a barrel without the information here. I didn't even know what Option 40 was until I came here. Thank you.

I plan on leaving for B.C.T. in late July or early August after I graduate and go on from there. I don't why but I have been dreaming of being a Ranger for a couple of years now. I always knew when I was little I was going to enlist but as a little kid I thought I was going to be a fighter pilot. Ha. Around third grade, I found out my dad served in the Army and in 'Nam so I decided Army it was. My mother is hell bent on stopping me but I'm guessing that's just a mother thing...

Well, enough of my boring self. Rangers, thank you for letting me be a guest on your site, and thank you for the information. I'd also like to say to all service personal past and present, thank you. I know theres no amount of words that can say it truly, but thank you.

Ummm, you talk to much. :lol:

Not a bad intro for a 17 year old aspiring to become our Nations best.

" You guys " ???? How about " Rangers ", young man !

And this site is not " neat ". It is far, far beyond " neat. "

It serves many purposes. The main purpose for YOU at this point in the game is to read, learn, and to adhere to the rules of becoming a U.S. Army Ranger.

Welcome.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Welcome to the site Casey. You need to pick an avatar from the "DEP Gallery".

PM inbound.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome aboard. I'm glad to hear that you have already gotten some positive things from this site. There is a lot more, just look around. Good luck securing your Option 40.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Good intro. Read and heed the advice given here and we'll get you on the road to success.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Post some PT scores, let's see what we are working with here
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thank you for your desire to enlist to become an Army Ragner. Post again when you have secured and signed your contract. In the meantime, read and hhe the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

Welcome, please keep us updated as to your progress.
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

What makes you the..."reaper"?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com! I appreciate your desire to serve our great!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

RangerRon wrote:Welcome to ArmyRanger.com! I appreciate your desire to serve our great country!
My fingers aren't working too good this morning, sorry.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537

Return to “Introduction Archive”