Much Obliged

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Welcome to the site Vincenzo.

PM inbound.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Welcome to the site future Sir. Hopefully you will find all the answers you are looking for. The search button will help you out. Good luck in Grad School.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Welcome. Use the search button and most if not all your questions will be answered. Good luck in your endeavors and yes you should get an avatar….
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Very interesting family history. I'm sure your family is proud that you are following in your families foot steps.

My advice for your future: LISTEN to your senior NCO's ! ( Especially the one's that have served in Ranger Battalions. )

Welcome.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

Welcome, I'd be interested to know why you are choosing OCS as opposed to pursuing a commission through the ROTC program at your school. What made you leave ROTC?

In addition, please read and follow the ROE PM I've sent you.
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and good luck in acheiving your goals.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Good intro...I enjoyed reading it. Welcome and best of luck to you.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

EarthPig wrote:Good intro...I enjoyed reading it. Welcome and best of luck to you.

RLTW
EP
Agreed. I would have liked to listen to those stories. Very interesting.

Good luck young stud.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Il Segugio wrote:
j.rico wrote:Welcome, I'd be interested to know why you are choosing OCS as opposed to pursuing a commission through the ROTC program at your school. What made you leave ROTC?

In addition, please read and follow the ROE PM I've sent you.
Thanks for your interest, Ranger. I arrived at graduate school expecting intellectual stimulus and an opportunity to present my thesis as an educated and responsible adult. I found neither. Most of the students in my classes were far below my expectations (in terms of knowledge, professionalism, etc), and the faculty would often treat us as children. I had more respect and freedom to learn during my undergraduate years. Not only were my peers unfit for graduate school, one of my professors may have been the dumbest human being on the planet.

ROTC was at first going fine, but the combination of disillusionment at graduate school and the drawn out tedious pace of the ROTC program thoroughly demoralized me. I was extremely unhappy, and for no good reason. I have spoken with a few Captains and Majors at the graduate school, and they claimed that the Army was paying for their Master's Degrees in exchange for years of service. If, in the future, I should want to continue my education, I feel that this route would be more appropriate.
What you have been told is correct. However, you may be offered graduate school sometime after you have been commissioned. Priority is (1) skills required by the Army, and (2) Order of Merit. you will be expected to have already already commanded at platoon and company-levels, as well as successful staff assignments.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Chiron
Ranger

Re: Update

Post by Chiron »

Il Segugio wrote:I will begin practicing the 12 mile timed march at the end of this week, New York weather permitting.
I seriously hope you imply weather permitting in the sense of work and time because you will be doing that regardless of the actual weather conditions. Start getting sweaty and dirty, wet and cold because that will be part of life. As an officer you are expected to lead by example and not sit on a high horse!

Make your training as tough and realistic as possible.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Tirehouse
Ranger

Re: Update

Post by Tirehouse »

Il Segugio wrote:Dearest Rangers,

I started my OCS packet today. I took the ASVAB and got a 99 AFQT and a 142 GT. My recruiter claimed that he had never seen a perfect score before, and was fairly excited about it. I fail to see the significance of it, unless it somehow influences the OCS board or branch options. He had promised me Airborne School in my contract and all sources indicate that Ranger School will be available shortly after commissioning.

I will begin practicing the 12 mile timed march at the end of this week, New York weather permitting. I plan to begin practicing the 5 mile run before the month ends. I may make it to OSUT before the summer ends.

If the posting of my progress in contractual formalities and physical conditioning is unwelcome on this forum, please let me know and I will remove it.

Respectfully,

-Segugio
Welcome to the site and for fuck sakes never use that word with Ranger ever again.......drive on!
TFR Somalia
Kosovo KFOR3A, Iraq 2003-4 OIF 1, 08-10

Return to “Introduction Archive”