Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Solidarius
Embryo

Introduction

Post by Solidarius »

So I miss this the first time around... I'm sorry.

Hello, everyone. I'm a 20 year old male who has lived in Alaska for quite a while. I'm currently enlisted in the Army (active), though I was previously in the reserves. My current PMOS is 68W1O, I'm an E-2, and am currently in BAC (Yay for PLFs).

I would like to be a Ranger medic in the (not so distance) future and am here mostly for information purposes.

Thank you.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Welcome and be sure to send that PM to change your name. Read the ROE pm I'm sending you also.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and good luck in reaching your goals. Luck is preparedness meeting opportunity. Get yourself ready and you will find a way to get there.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Look, kid. I'm not one on kicking the ass of every young Private I come in contact with - so I'll give you a piece of friendly advice. I'm assuming you've now read the PM that Ranger rgrking sent you.

Your second post (in the about RIP forum) started with the word "Yeah". Not "Yes", "Yes, Sir" or anything remotely resembling the respect that a young man fresh out of training should have.

My advice is twofold: (1.) lose the flippant attitude you picked up at Fort Sam Houston. You won't even make it out of BAC based on your first impression. (2.) Anyhing that Ranger The Sleepy Doc takes his precious time to write to you should be taken as script straight from friggin' God himself.

Welcome, and good luck.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Welcome, Solidarius:

Take the advice of these fine Rangers and pay attention to detail and you'll go far.

Much success on your aspirations. Everyone should have a goal to strive for, then ultimately attain!
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site Solidarius and thank you for enlisting to serve our great nation. I appreciate the decisions you have made to get to where you are now. To get to where you are going, the Rangers here and this website can increase your odds of success quite a bit.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

I'll temper my welcome with a question;

Why exactly do you want to be a Medic in the 75th Ranger Regiment and what to you expect to get out of it? 350 words (I'm takin' it easy on you) checked for spelling and grammar. Post NLT..sets see, your in ground week so by recall Sunday (1500 hrs?) would suffice. Because you are already a MOS trained Soldier expect the scrutiny to be greater than the average DEP here.

You see there is a reason I have for this. Even though I have been a civilian longer than I was was in the Army (let alone in the Regiment) I still hold in high regard the men who serve, and even greater those who volunteer for the 75th. I take pride in the level of care I was trained to administer, and know the tradition that has been carried on to this day. I consider anyone who is a Ranger my brother and I'll be damned I let just anybody work on my family.

I don't know if you realize that the 11Bs look at all medics with a little disdain. They think we are all pussified weak-ass snake oil salesmen and voodoo witch doctors... and they are right. Most medics are soft as baby shit. Why else would we have picked an MOS where you can spend an entire career without spending day one in the field? There are two ways to get their respect; get your TAB or stay in Battalion for a couple years. I said before and I'll say it again; the key to success in Battalion is having no less than a 300 PT score. If you try with less you are already behind the power curve. If you aren't there yet I highly recommend waiting it out until you are. You will have to focus and work your ass off like a motherfucker, but the payoff is so worth it.

Also, allow me to expand on my thoughts about SOMC. Even if you go and fail out they won't kick you of Batt. They figure you had to learn something during your time there and will try and exploit it for all its worth. You will just have to find a way to redeem yourself.

Look, I just want you to understand what you are getting into. It is a tough as balls job. Frankly, I'm still amazed that I did it but I feel privileged to count myself as a Ranger. I was just talking with one of the other members here and said knowing what it was like, I wasn't sure if I would do it again. Actually, not only would I do it again, but wouldn't mind going back. The training there is the best that you can get and will define you as a Soldier, a Medic and a Person. Like I said, you aren't even close to meeting their requirements, but that will change. They will get rid of your bad habits and give you new ones, and you will come out being the best medic possible. (and get to do fun shit to boot!..) I know I'm not the greatest, but I can say with 100% certainty the training I received during my 4 years in Batt has given me my A-Game today.

If you really want to do it, then go for it and don't look back. Don't let anyone or anything stand in your way.

I'll get off my soapbox now..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome to the board.

You need to get an avatar, ASAP.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thank you for your desire to serve our great country!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Welcome.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Solidarius

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Solidarius
Embryo

Post by Solidarius »

Not to be rude or anything 42L5V, but Airborne school is a joke. The hardest part about being here is not hitting your head on the PLFs.

Yours truely,
Solidarius.
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Yeah, I have no fucking clue about BAC. :roll:
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92

Return to “Introduction Archive”