Robinson Armament Co.

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Spartan

Robinson Armament Co.

Post by Spartan »

Has anyone here owned or have reasonable experience firing any weapons manufactured by Robinson Armament Co.? If yes, are you satisfied that they make quality weapons?

http://www.robarm.com/
http://www.robarm.com/M96_Home.htm

Thanks.
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

I handled the 5.56 XCR recently and it's next on the list after an AK. The XCR feels very well built.

*That's just an initial impression at the gun store - I have yet to fire one.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

I had a late model M96 carbine. It seemed well made and shot well. I never put a lot of rounds through it though. The only reason I got rid of it was because I didn’t need a bunch of different types of 5.56 guns. I have not seen an XCR up close yet.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

*have not* personally fired one. My friend in the gun industry says they are a POS.

I asked about them always getting great reviews in the gun mags, and then was given an explanation on how that works.

You want a folding stock AR, is that it? zm weapons.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Spartan wrote:Has anyone here owned or have reasonable experience firing any weapons manufactured by Robinson Armament Co.? If yes, are you satisfied that they make quality weapons?
BadMuther wrote:*have not* personally fired one.
OK - Thanks.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

One thing I will add is Robinson dropped the ball on follow through with the M96. What little I know seems like they put everything into the XCR in hopes of a military contract. They are a small company and I think they are struggling. I liked my M96 but I didnt want to get stuck with a lame duck that had no parts support if the company went tits up.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
gunsmittys
Paratrooper

Post by gunsmittys »

My shooting partner has a M96 and we have shot the shit out of it. It is a great carbine/rifle---has both barrels for it.

Robinson is however not one of the greatest companies to deal with. THey are horrible on returnin inquiries, don't seem to know what inventory they have, etc. The folks there are very quick to pass the buck on to someone else for dropping the ball too.

So if you decide to go with the XCR bear those thoughts in mind...I'd opt for an LWR or Sig 556
I am getting older, but refuse to grow up

911th SPS 01/81-10/83
1/94 FA 01/84-05/84--dad died
USMEPCOM 05/84-09/85
18th Abn Cps 10/85-9/87
Still serving today working for the VA

Return to “Weapons of War”