Iranian ships 'harass' U.S. Navy, officials say

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way

Time to take out Iran?

Yes - let's make a gas station out of that country!
57%
No - we have enough work to do in our other conflicts
41%
I just don't care - I have enough to worry about..
2%

Total votes: 44

BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Iranian ships 'harass' U.S. Navy, officials say

Post by BruteForce »

The U.S. military reported Monday on a "significant" confrontation involving five Iranian Revolutionary Guard boats that "harrassed and provoked" three U.S. naval ships in international waters over the weekend.

U.S. military officials said the incident occurred Saturday night in the Strait of Hormuz, a narrow shipping channel leading in and out of the Persian Gulf.

More Follows
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
roadtheshortbus
Ranger

Post by roadtheshortbus »

It should of read like this.

Three U.S. Naval Ships opened up on IRG boats...The fire was so well directed that they could not find a single trace of them after the smoke cleared.
RLTW

"If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room" - Ranger Cams

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Fuck em. If we would just untterly destroy them everytime they step in our path eventually, the would stop doing it.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Abell9 wrote:Fuck em. If we would just untterly destroy them everytime they step in our path eventually, the would stop doing it.
Yep.
RetPara
Ranger

Post by RetPara »

Tanker Wars Round II. But we have even better TTP's and they're trying their same old shit...
RS2 84-86

Intelligence in a person can be measured.... Stupidity is a bottomless pit which is beyond measure....
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

RetPara wrote:Tanker Wars Round II. But we have even better TTP's and they're trying their same old shit...
Prime Chance II
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Remember what happened when those guys with slingshots fucked with the tiger at the zoo?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

I would say hit em where it hurts. Their nuke reactor then hit the biggest navy port they have. Before the Dems take any more punch out of our military.

Make them think twice when they see a ship with "Old Glory" flying.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
RGR_Dan
Ranger

Post by RGR_Dan »

NEWS FLASH

This just in......

3 British Navy Destroyers were approached by 5 Iranian gun boats. The British Navy personel reportedly threw all their weapons overboard to avoid a conflict. They then turned over control of the ships and were left behind in life rafts. The UN has asked the Iranians to return the boats or they will send a contigent of 50 men from the Fijian Army to take action......
95-98 Aco. 3/75 2nd plt Weapons Sqd
98-01Hco 121st LRS
Former LEO
Former Contractor
LEO (round 2)
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

It seems to me that Iran is purposely placing itself in harm's way to become the poor, Islamic martyr, that the evil West has destroyed.

I voted no. I think we should wait until we can apply the full wrath of American bad-ass motherfuckers to Iran.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

They should have sunk all 5.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

They should have had trouble counting them with that much debris in the water.........all mixing together and shit.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Re: .

Post by BruteForce »

RGR_Dan wrote:NEWS FLASH

This just in......

3 British Navy Destroyers were approached by 5 Iranian gun boats. The British Navy personel reportedly threw all their weapons overboard to avoid a conflict. They then turned over control of the ships and were left behind in life rafts. The UN has asked the Iranians to return the boats or they will send a contigent of 50 men from the Fijian Army to take action......
Is this imaginative reporting? I'm unable to find any press about such an incident, except for earlier in 2007 when 15 British sailors were taken captive.
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Rugger
Ranger

Post by Rugger »

I am not in favor of starting another war right now, but I do think that we should have engaged them. As a country we need to show our teeth, and let Iran know not to fuck around with us.
A 3/75 86-88 Ranger Class 12-87

Return to “The News Dump”