10mm...

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Bullybreed
USANG Veteran

10mm...

Post by Bullybreed »

Is anyone familiar with firing 10mm? I was at the local shop today looking for a new carry piece and someone had turned in a barely fired Glock 29 in 10mm. It caught my eye because it is in the sub compact series, so it hides nicely on you. Right now I carry an M&P .40/Glock 22 (22 is a little to big for concealment) but I was looking for a .45 when this glock caught my eye. I have heard this little gun packs a punch...Any feedback?
May98-Feb01, 1164TC, 79th Troop Command, MA ARNG

"The Peace Symbol is the Footprint of the American Chicken"
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

The .40 S&W was invented because the 10mm was to powerful for most to shot. A .40 compact can be a handful; I wouldn’t want to hold onto a 10mm.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

The gun I carry every day... is a Glock 36. I wear it in a Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe... IWB holster. I carry a spare magazine on my weak side, and eight in the gun.

I have carried many different rigs, and this by far... is the most comfortable I have ever carried. The G36 is a "slim frame" Glock, uses a single stack magazine, and fires the .45 ACP.

My carry load is a 230 grain Hydra-shok and it eats them very well. I have fired +P ammo in it, with no issues. It's very accurate out to 15 yards, and is still acceptable at 25 yards (4 inch groups).

I have the ES Express "Big Dot" sights on it, and would trust my life to it. I do daily.

In reference to your 10mm question... to me, that is the BEST Subgun round ever made. But, it has a very strong recoil pulse, and ammo can be hard to find.

I like the standard rounds simply for availability.

No matter what you get, make sure it feels good in your hands. If it feels good, and points easily, you can shoot it well. I really like the G36 for a carry gun. Not trying to sell you on it, but it really works well.

I have the Pearce Grip +1 mag extensions on all of my magazines, so they hold 7. I have gorilla mitts for hands, so this makes it fit my hands better.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

GSXRanger wrote:T
In reference to your 10mm question... ammo can be hard to find.
X 2. Defiantly something to consider since ammunition prices and supply has been so volatile.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Bullybreed
USANG Veteran

Post by Bullybreed »

Roger that, Thanks for the feedback Gentleman...GSXRanger, since reading the many posts you have written regarding the love you have for your G36, I have searched high and low. Problem is I live in Massachusetts, where the guns laws make it almost impossible to carry anything. When someone get there hands on something like a G36 around here, they NEVER let it go. I will keep searching, and hopefully be able to snag one some day. Until then I will stick with the M&P .40, as it it quite accurate and fits me like a glove.

GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Bullybreed wrote:Roger that, Thanks for the feedback Gentleman...GSXRanger, since reading the many posts you have written regarding the love you have for your G36, I have searched high and low. Problem is I live in Massachusetts, where the guns laws make it almost impossible to carry anything. When someone get there hands on something like a G36 around here, they NEVER let it go. I will keep searching, and hopefully be able to snag one some day. Until then I will stick with the M&P .40, as it it quite accurate and fits me like a glove.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry about that... not trying to get up on a soap box. My G36 works fine, for me. Others don't care for it... I happen to be the exception. I actually bought it off of one of my team mates, that couldn't shoot it for shit!!!

I will take some pictures of it, in my carry rig, to show how it rides, and hides. It's a good carry gun, and is built for just that.

As for the M&P series... I absolutely LOVE the way the M&P 45 feels in my hands... but, I have never fired one. If your gun works for you, and you shoot it well... look into the crossbreed holster. They will make one for your gun, and you would be surprised at how easily you can conceal that M&P.

Again, didn't mean to sound like I was a paid Glock advertisement... I just happen to like the little .45...

Cheers!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Get a Mass legal Glock 19C. Or if you are dead set on a .40 get the Glock 22. I wouldn't get a pistol in 10mm. The ammo is expensive.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Bullybreed
USANG Veteran

Post by Bullybreed »

I actually have a Glock 22 already. It is nice for the range, but a little hard to conceal at times for every day use. I actually just heard today that S&W is in the process of making Mass compliant M&P .45's in both Full size and compact. I will look at the compact version when it is here in a month or so.

gunsmittys
Paratrooper

Post by gunsmittys »

another thought on the 10mm....ammo availability. There are fewer and fewer places manufacturing the cartridge.
I am getting older, but refuse to grow up

911th SPS 01/81-10/83
1/94 FA 01/84-05/84--dad died
USMEPCOM 05/84-09/85
18th Abn Cps 10/85-9/87
Still serving today working for the VA

Return to “Weapons of War”