Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

RogerThat
Embryo

Introduction

Post by RogerThat »

Hi all,

I guess I'll start by saying I'm 25. I've been in the Florida Army National Guard for almost 6 years. I've been happily enjoying my position as an 11b.
I am not a Ranger, nor have I ever been a Ranger, I hope to BE A RANGER.

I'm trying to choose my words carefully and not misspell anything. I've seen a few of the flame jobs on here.

I guess you could say I love my job. That is, I love to train soldiers. I'm good at it, and it's why I go to drill every month, and why I reenlisted for another 6.

I am currently full time National Guard for the XXX Program. I love that job as well. I work with GSXRanger, and he introduced me to this site as a valuable tool to assist me in my preparation for Ranger School.

I do not expect to find an inside track on everything, and CHEAT the system. I am a very easy going person, and believe in just rolling with it. I just really don't let anything bother me. I find "Meh" describes me pretty well.

All I can do is train to the best of my ability and hope it's good enough. I have read a few posts on here about "Is my PT score good enough?" My response is always NO! It just blows my mind that anyone would ever think they have reached the point that they don't need to try to improve.

I am a strong believer in "Embrace the Suck." I tell my joes that when they think what we do for the weekend is hard. I've got to say the new generation of soldiers are too used to coddling. Whatever happened to "The Road Less Traveled?" If I lead us through a swamp, or even thick vegetation, I hear nothing but bitching.

Sorry, I know I'm getting a little carried away. This is supposed to be my introduction.

I have an opportunity to do great things in the Army, and I hope I can prove to my command without a shadow of a doubt that I am ready for any challenge. Right now, I've just been told I've been recommended for Ranger School, so wish me luck. As I said earlier, my PT/ Knowledge/ Skills training is never over, and I hope to join the Ranger community someday.

I'm sure I've left out some piece of vital information that everyone is dying to know about the NON-Ranger, so feel free to ask.

_Roger That

EDIT- MAT275
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

First off.. Welcome to the site.. Secondly.. You are NOT a DEP. I explained to you that your intro goes in the Veteran forum. SO.. Do push ups! Thirdly.. You did not mention your combat service.. And you mentioned that you work for me. Now they will ALL know you are gay!

Fix your shit.. And read the stickies. See you Monday!
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site and thanks for your service to our great country. So you know GSXRanger and you want to go to Ranger school? That's AWESOME. Tell him to smoke you like a cheap cigar next time he sees you then for me. :D Make your own luck on your journey to Ranger school.

Sorry, I know I'm getting a little carried away. This is supposed to be my 'welcome you to the site' post.
Maybe instead of writing all this, I should have just said 'Roger That.' :lol:
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Welcome to the site RogerThat, and GSXRanger, I think you did to much double tapping this last weekend. (that's the only reason I can think of for the duel posts)
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
RogerThat
Embryo

Post by RogerThat »

Roger That,

I just talked to Ranger GSXRanger on the phone, and He informed me that since I'm a combat veteran, I should have posted in the veteran intro, but I "Didn't Pay Attention to Detail." Corrective action has already been applied, and the pushups will commence shortly.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome,
steve
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Ok.. Mental note.. Never post on ArmyRanger.com from my blackberry.. It doubles by itself.

I respectfully request for admin to square that away whilst I go smoke myself.
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

GSXRanger wrote:Ok.. Mental note.. Never post on ArmyRanger.com from my blackberry.. It doubles by itself.

I respectfully request for admin to square that away whilst I go smoke myself.
You might as well smoke the new guy for failure to follow instructions while you're at it. :twisted:
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
RogerThat
Embryo

Post by RogerThat »

i knew it would be something. I even made sure to read the stickys before posting, but it's got to be something. ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

RogerThat wrote:i knew it would be something. I even made sure to read the stickys before posting, but it's got to be something. ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...
Shut the fuck up.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site.
RLTW
EP

***MOVED TO PROPER FORUM***
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
RogerThat
Embryo

Post by RogerThat »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
RogerThat wrote:i knew it would be something. I even made sure to read the stickys before posting, but it's got to be something. ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...ATTENTION TO DETAIL...
Shut the fuck up.
i know, over the top,

Roger That
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
Shut the fuck up.
Can't you just FEAL the love!!!! God I love this place! :twisted:
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome and thanks for your service to our great country!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

RogerThat wrote:
Kilted Heathen wrote:
Shut the fuck up.
i know, over the top,

Roger That

Slow down.

Back up, reassess your position and goals here.

Welcome to the site.
RSD 96-99
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and good luck with that Ranger School thing.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Introduction Archive”