Official Dates

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
StrykeFirst
US Army

Official Dates

Post by StrykeFirst »

well, i just got my email from ATTARS and my date is official...14Oct2007 is the begining of my epic adventure into RS.

However, no good deed goes unpunished so the Army had to stick on a great big OD Green Dildo and fuck me in the ass again because my Battalion dosent wanna fork up the extra cash to send me to PRC so in my own personal finest tradition...I'm just gonna wing that shit.
172nd Stryker Brigade
OIF III (Aug 05-Dec 06)
ReFlagged 1st Brigade/25th ID (Stryker)
RS 02-08

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway
StrykeFirst
US Army

Post by StrykeFirst »

I don't know what the deal with my unit not having a PRC is...They used to have one before we deployed and then they got rid of it after we came back. They used to have what they called "Ranger Cadre" to administer the CWST and overwatch the PT Test and the Run, and they'd also run some stick lanes but they dont even have that anymore. They were originally blowing happy smoke up my ass by telling me I was going to the NG PRC at Benning, which I was pretty stoked about because I've heard some pretty high success rates come out of there, But I mean I pretty much gotta take the cards I'm dealt and go all in I guess...
172nd Stryker Brigade
OIF III (Aug 05-Dec 06)
RS 02-08

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

StrykeFirst wrote:I don't know what the deal with my unit not having a PRC is...They used to have one before we deployed and then they got rid of it after we came back. They used to have what they called "Ranger Cadre" to administer the CWST and overwatch the PT Test and the Run, and they'd also run some stick lanes but they dont even have that anymore. They were originally blowing happy smoke up my ass by telling me I was going to the NG PRC at Benning, which I was pretty stoked about because I've heard some pretty high success rates come out of there, But I mean I pretty much gotta take the cards I'm dealt and go all in I guess...
Do some research, but honestly Ranger school is 90% skill level one tasks. If you are physically fit, of normal intelligence and stubborn you should not have any issues. Pre-Ranger is a plus but it is not a necessity for someone who has served in a squad and if you've been a Team leader I am sure you'll do fine.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
StrykeFirst
US Army

PRC

Post by StrykeFirst »

Well, I jumped the gun in bad mouthing my battalion...They were just delayed in telling me about my PRC slot til today. 28Sep is my report date to Pre-Ranger...Which leads me to my next question...Since that day is a Friday, will it be like other school where you will show up on Friday, start in processing then get the weekend to square anything away thats fucked up or get anything your missing from the layout. Or does it just start on Friday because thats when they need it to start so that it runs right into the 14Oct RS start date?
172nd Stryker Brigade
OIF III (Aug 05-Dec 06)
RS 02-08

Ernest Hemingway
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

JLTW!!! wrote:When I went last Oct., I showed up Friday and they only had one cadre there...some Air Assault dude. He told me to stow my shit in the barracks or go get a hotel and be back at a specific time the following day (Sat.).
The issue is (unless I am mistaken) that he is an active duty member and you are a National Guard member, so he will most likely go to an active duty PRC...Which will most certainly be a little different.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
StrykeFirst
US Army

Post by StrykeFirst »

JLTW!!! wrote:
Silverback wrote:
JLTW!!! wrote:When I went last Oct., I showed up Friday and they only had one cadre there...some Air Assault dude. He told me to stow my shit in the barracks or go get a hotel and be back at a specific time the following day (Sat.).
The issue is (unless I am mistaken) that he is an active duty member and you are a National Guard member, so he will most likely go to an active duty PRC...Which will most certainly be a little different.

Roger, just going off what he had posted somewhere else...that he was gonna attend the NG PRC.
Roger thats correct, I'm going to the NG PRC
172nd Stryker Brigade
OIF III (Aug 05-Dec 06)
RS 02-08

Ernest Hemingway

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”