2d Batt guys; here's why that jump got cancelled:

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

K.Ingraham
Ranger

2d Batt guys; here's why that jump got cancelled:

Post by K.Ingraham »

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/m ... 9201067/C-

From a scale model airplane site I frequent. Some dramatic photos of the results of a bald eagle going kamikazi on an Idaho ANG C-130 on an airdrop mission for 2d Bn.
The pilot's account is in a response "pilot is a friend of mine" about halfway down the thread.
They didnt say how or if the pilot managed to get let off from the inevitible charges resulting from killing an endangered species :twisted:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

A couple buddies of mine were the PJ and AJ for that jump and they told me the story last year when I was up at Lewis for ROTC summer camp. They were waiting for the bird to do an ERO for what seemed like forever, and all of a sudden the bird lands, taxis, and then out comes the Pilot or Crew Chief and let's them know what happened.... "Jump's cancelled boys, we hit an eagle..." That's something you don't hear every day. :D
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
Hoover
Ranger

Re: 2d Batt guys; here's why that jump got cancelled:

Post by Hoover »

K.Ingraham wrote:http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/m ... 9201067/C-

From a scale model airplane site I frequent. Some dramatic photos of the results of a bald eagle going kamikazi on an Idaho ANG C-130 on an airdrop mission for 2d Bn.
The pilot's account is in a response "pilot is a friend of mine" about halfway down the thread.
They didnt say how or if the pilot managed to get let off from the inevitible charges resulting from killing an endangered species :twisted:

Obviate obfuscation?......you're playing with the dictionary again aren't ya' Ranger....in an attempt to obfuscate? :shock:
Well, I'm here to tell ya', it ain't working!

Wouldn't you rather just drink beer in your spare time like normal people? :lol:
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

I obfuscated so bad when I got out of bed this morning that I had to flush twice. :?
Former 2nd squad 3rd platoon A Co. 3/75 Dad
USNavy 1960-1966
USArmy 1980-2001
Retired MSG

Return to “The Mosh Pit”