Re: Disrespect

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Aretha Franklin demanded it, Rodney Dangerfield got none of it.

Due to the rash of recent DEP intros here and the current state of society, I must ask..... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MOST KIDS TODAY?????
atlantabravz wrote:Wow is all I can say, Rangers. As you can see, I read much but post little here but this time I feel like I have to ask an open question on this one: what sort of "sea change," if you will, has caused this sort of disrespect to breed in the younger generation? Admin, please feel free to move this to a more proper forum if you must for further discussion. But after reading some of the newbies on here the last 6 weeks or so, I thought I would tag onto one of them who has really fucked up to get your thoughts on this. I see it everyday myself and it has me stumped.
Thanks,
CPT G
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

cams wrote:With the fast pace of life these days, I see it simply as not enough parent time and way too much video game nd boobtube babysitting.

Everybody these days wants everything "Quick!" No time to fuck around you see, I'm busy.

I think parents want the same quick results from their children, without taking the time to teach them properly, or as we say here, "To standard".

If parents, big brothers/sisters etc., would spend more time with the young ones, there would be more molding or respect being taught, simple example, hanging out and playing, kid gets feisty or fresh, parent says "Hey knock that shit off. You don't talk to adults that way."

Tv's can't do that. Back in the day, there was no tv's/video's etc, so there had to be more parenting and spending time with your own kids.
elle
Tadpole

Post by elle »

RTO wrote: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MOST KIDS TODAY?????
Ranger RTO,

In my opinion, the lack of respect is directly related to the lack of accountability. Kids these days no longer have to be concerned with fearing let alone respecting authority figures such as their parents, educators or bosses.

Any disciplinary action taken towards minors has greater consequences to the disciplinarian than it does the minor. In essence minors are teflon. This is repeatedly reflected in tv, video and on the 'net.

Kudos to those parents who do instill respect, responsibility and accountability in their children and lead by example, these are the children who will grow up to be leaders and mentors.

my .02
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

The major shortfall is not that kids can't achieve the standard; rather it is that they don't know what the standard is. We've all seen it. I'm reminded of a young man in my unit in Panama. He came up hot on cocane. He said it was slipped into his drink downtown. His chain of command pleaded for him and we gave him a max field grade Article 15. The next month he came up hot again. He had indicated to the SGM that he had used drugs in high school. We eliminated him. His mother wrote a letter asking that we reconsider -- I responded that if she had failed to teach him about the dangers of drugs over the 18+ years he was growing-up, there wasn't much chance I could work a miracle in less than six months.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

I view parenting in much the same way as owning a dog. IMHO there are no bad dogs, only bad owners.

In much the same way, a child is much like the input (or lack of) he receives from his surroundings.

I can count on ONE HAND (with a few fingers left over) the times I stayed up past 10pm until I was in high school. It saddens me when I sometimes now come home at 1 or 2am and see a group of 8-10 year olds out on a street corner smoking cigarettes (or other)

Where the hell are these kids PARENTS?

In cases like this, I don't so much blame the kids, I blame the parents and the enviroment they are being raised in which I maintain is (or should be) 99.999999% controlled by the parents.

It is the parents responsibility to know where the kids are, who their friends are, what they are doing and what they are viewing on the internet.

And the parents also need to instill core values including honesty and respect in their kids and not fluff this responsibility off on the school or church.
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

I agree with all of the above, and I'll toss out my .02

There is absolutely no accountability with parents. Parenting is a hands on sport. You have to truly become involved, and care, and discipline when necessary. I've heard it somewhere, not sure where, but we need a license to drive a car, purchase a pistol, a host of professional careers, but anyone can have a child, no license or training needed.

And why did our society criminalize a good spanking. I dont care what anyone says, a good old fashion get me the belt ass whoopin never hurt anyone.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

No one beats their kids anymore. Hell, I used to get my ass tore up for GP sake. :lol:
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Hell, I used to get my ass tore up for GP sake. :lol:
:shock:

How come I'm not surprised....? 8)
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

The family unit as we once knew it is just about all but gone. And ladies, I ain't talking about the June Cleaver/Martha Stewart in the traditional sense.

Seems back in the day when someone got divorced, it was almost like they were blacklisted. That was enough incentive to some to work things out and get through the tough times.

Nowadays, it's become more or less a status symbol. The hell with counseling, or anything else for that matter when trying to salvage a relationship. Divorce and move on. Everyone in the mainstream does it, so why not just take the easy way out?

I know there are exceptions (abusive relationships, Susan Smith, Jeffrey Dahmer or John Wayne Gacy types etc) where there are no options.

But what happens to lil Johnny or Jane when 9 times out of 10, mom gets custody and then winds up working to the point where she's never around and both eventually become latch-key kids?

More ofter than not, they look elsewhere to occupy their time, begin associating with unhealthy types and it just progresses from there. And even if they're not looking, believe me, others are looking for them.

And if Mom's not disciplinarian enough to instill values, principles, ethics, proper morals and beliefs, let alone one on one time with the younguns, well, there you go.

I always looked at parenting like an NCO looks at Privates. Their job is to get over. Your job is to make sure they don't and teach them the right way to go about doing things and get along in life, including respect.

Respect for others, rules, belongings, responsibilities, themselves, their parents etc.

My .02 FWIW.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

GSXRanger wrote:No one beats their kids anymore. Hell, I used to get my ass tore up for GP sake. :lol:
ahhhhh.......... G.P.

As a young private in Bn, I knew I had somehow 'arrived' when I was no longer getting smoked for stepping on my dick anymore, instead it switched to 'General Purpose' :lol: :lol: :lol:
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

centermass wrote:
I always looked at parenting like an NCO looks at Privates. Their job is to get over. Your job is to make sure they don't and teach them the right way to go about doing things and get along in life, including respect.

Respect for others, rules, belongings, responsibilities, themselves, their parents etc.

My .02 FWIW.
PERFECT!! 8)

Just for raising my voice at my son has caused some to ask my wife if everything is ok at home. :roll:

If you are strict with your kids, most people seem to think these days that you are an abusive individual. :evil:

Society in gerneral is fucking it up, but I for one don't fucking listen. :lol: :lol: :lol:

During my parent/teacher conference yesterday, I told him that I don't hesitate to smack my kid if it is warranted. He agreed. When I told him that, part of me was afraid that he would go and call the police.....
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Ranger Luna wrote:
centermass wrote:

My .02 FWIW.
PERFECT!! 8)

Just for raising my voice at my son has caused some to ask my wife if everything is ok at home. :roll:

If you are strict with your kids, most people seem to think these days that you are an abusive individual. :evil:

Society in gerneral is fucking it up, but I for one don't fucking listen. :lol: :lol: :lol:

During my parent/teacher conference yesterday, I told him that I don't hesitate to smack my kid if it is warranted. He agreed. When I told him that, part of me was afraid that he would go and call the police..
I don't know a cop out there anywhere that would lock up a parent for disciplining their child.

Abuse yes.

Discipline no.

And WTF is up with the kitty kat????????
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75

Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

centermass wrote:
Ranger Luna wrote:
centermass wrote:

My .02 FWIW.
PERFECT!! 8)

During my parent/teacher conference yesterday, I told him that I don't hesitate to smack my kid if it is warranted. He agreed. When I told him that, part of me was afraid that he would go and call the police..

And WTF is up with the kitty kat????????
It's supposed to be a rabbit. :lol: :lol: :lol: If it looks like a fucking cat, Ill cut the fucker loose. :x :x :x
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Hell,

I thought you trying to piss Father Guido Sarducci off with it. :lol:
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75

Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

RTO....
Actually a really good thread to start.

The "younger Generation" these days just have no repect.
No respect for their elders.
No respect for Authority.
No respect for their peers.
No respect for women.

And everyone who has responded to this thread is correct so far.

But overall it comes down to RESPECT.

When My 14 yr. old step-son said "FUCK YOU...You're NOT MY DAD!!!" I realized that his outside influences (read: friends at school) had seeped into his skull full of mush and corrupted him.

It took a couple of hard years, but I regained his respect, through "VERY AUTHORITARIAN" methods, and the little shit calls me every other day from School in PA to let me know what is going on and to just say HI....

When I was a Kid (37 now) If mr. Johnson caught you doing something wrong...he'd kick your ass, then call your mom and she would ditto...then dad would get home and show you why you are owned til the age of 18...

that was the way it was...
fast forward to 2007.....
a little foul mouthed, smart assed kid rode his 25cc minibike through my front lawn on purpose (he was riding on everyones grass)... I happened to be out front when It occured...and said to the little shit "hey.....stay off the lawns and on the sidewalk dude!!!!!!" (what I should have said was "you fucking little turd if you ever get near my property line again I will treat you like a moving target in an arcade game you fucking fuck)

This little fuckstain had the gall to stop his little bike and say "Watcha gonna do about it?" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Then I said "have your dad lock your bike up for the next month if I see you in my yard again."

His comment as he rode off "FUCK YOU He'll never do that to me....HE LOVES ME!!!!!" :?: :?: :?: :?:

This is an 8 year old on a minibike. WTFF????

The best part is, dad actually came over to my house, rang my door bell, and asked for us to have "a minute outside". I was "told" in no uncertain terms, that parenting his child was his resposibility and not mine and I had no right to speak to his son like that!! :roll: :roll:

So I, as politely as I could, informed Super Dad, that 1) if he felt he needed to have more control over the situations involving his son, he needed to watch his little cum stain a little bit closer...and 2) if he wanted me to watch the way I talked to said cum stain, he should teach his son that the word "fuck" should be reserved for his mother.

I told him he should take the mini-bike away for 30 days to teach the little shit a lesson...and if he didn't, it would just show the kid that he COULD do any thing he wanted without consiquence and if it was on my yard again, I'd take it away...

Super Dad spewed a few explitives and left....funny thing is...haven't see the retard in a couple of weeks on his bike :wink: :wink:

The lack of respect for self, women, authority, system, laws, rules, humanity, etc is the problem with these kids...

The only cuss word my own mother has ever heard me say is "shit". In my daily life I must say what the fucking fuck is this cunt fucking bastard fucking thinking??? a coulple of time a day...but MOM has never, and will never hear that from me....these little asstards today just dont care.....

rant over....back to the thread ......
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90

Return to “The Mosh Pit”