Reconfigured FAL

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

you do some damn purty work.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

where did you get that magazine?
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

How do you like it?

Accuracy, reliability...ect.

I've been contemplating either the FAL, G3, or M14 for a .308 semi-auto.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Oh DAAAAYYYYUUUUMMMMM that is nice!!!

One of my favorite rifles. 8)
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

DSArms makes a shorty class III pimped out version with rails, folder, the whole nine yards. I tried to convince my company on my first contract to Iraq to get em', but of course it was shot down for one reason or another.

I don't have the patience for proper citations due to University academics, but I have read that the FN/FAL was the prefered rifle of high ranking US Army officers before the M16, but contracts were already awarded for the M14. It makes sense cause' most of the world was armed with them at the time.

The 30 rd. mag looks like it makes the rifle a little unwieldly though. Maybe a 25 rd. would be better if it existed.

We went ahead and bought, out of pocket, some of Saddam's FN's towards the end of the contract and the folding stocks locked up tight with zero play in them. We expected the contract to extend, but it didn't and we did not get to fire them, only turn them over to the Brits..

FN Herstal puts out some good designs.
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

.45 brother, .45...... :? :?

Glock, Sig, 1911...whatever you like in .45 ACP, but a .45 knocks em' the fuck down everytime.

Return to “Weapons of War”