Ndog's CCW gear-so they can't see what I'm packing

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
Ndog275
Ranger

Ndog's CCW gear-so they can't see what I'm packing

Post by Ndog275 »

Kramer leather gun belt. Stupid expensive. Heavy concealed leather type gun belt was required for a course that I went to. In the past the I had always used a riggers belt or what ever I happened to be wearing. Moral of the story, spend the money on a belt that was meant to carry a holster, there is a difference.

Blade-tech holster for Glock 22. Haven't been impressed with a lot of their stuff, but their concealed holsters rock. This came with a paddle and belt loop attachment with rubber shims.

Fobus paddle carrier for double stack pistol mag. Fobus makes good stuff at a decent price. I've had that mag carrier and a Fobus paddle holster for the past seven years and they're in great shape still. Next to it is the Blackhawk surefire carrier from their new holster/kydex line. Normally I don't like BHI, but this is the bomb. There is an internal tension device to keep the light in place. It also fits on MOLLE gear or a duty belt. I usually need a flashlight more than a gun, hence this purchase. My past practice had been to just toss the surefire in my pocket. It usually turned it's self on and burned out the batteries and/or superheated my junk :shock:
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

I just keep the little one battery executive sure fire in my pocket along with a tiny Korean made cellphone and a spyderco. I've never had any problems with the flashlight accidently turning on.

I suppose you probably need a larger flashlight in your line of work.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

I'm just too cheap to get a good one that was made to go in my pocket. If I combined all the plastic surefires I had I probably could have bought two high end ones :lol:
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Ndog275 wrote:I'm just too cheap to get a good one that was made to go in my pocket. If I combined all the plastic surefires I had I probably could have bought two high end ones :lol:
I keep a Surefire E2E Exec. in my pocket, hardly know it's there, has an endcap on the bulb side with pointed teeth for a thrusting weapon. nice little light, bright as a muthafucka.

I have a Streamlight M3 on my Sig 226 .40, not bad but having problems with it lately turning itself off when under heavy firing conditions. Shuts off for like 10 second increments, then can be turned back on again. :?

Good thing my Jedi powers of night vision are still tuned to a razor sharp edge. :lol: :twisted:

On a side note: Don't keep steel wool in the same drawer as your spare 9 volt batt's. Baaaaaad idea. Instant fire starter. :lol:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

RUMINT indicates that with the success of the Streamlight TLR series they're going to discontinue the M3 series. I've heard of quite a few other people having the same problem with M3 when putting a lot of rounds down range.
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Ndog275 wrote:RUMINT indicates that with the success of the Streamlight TLR series they're going to discontinue the M3 series. I've heard of quite a few other people having the same problem with M3 when putting a lot of rounds down range.

Roger that, the TLR is the steel cased one correct? Couple guys have that one and have had no problems with it.

Not a huge deal, I don't foresee myself firing a hundred rounds out of a handgun going into a house you know, but still want my shit to be tight and not fail.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

RGR Bowen
Ranger

m3 lights

Post by RGR Bowen »

we have alot of problems with the m3 light falling off and shutting off while on the range. its mounted on an accessory rail and then on the H&K .40 usp compact. get with desert sloth they shoot more than us and have had lots of problems. on a side note botach.com has a light and foreend grip combo for the tlr for $120 just make sure you order over the phone or email. their internet orders dont go through.
Aco 2/75 RGR "BadMuther"
12/92 - 09/95
RGR Cl 4/94
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: m3 lights

Post by cams »

RGR Bowen wrote:we have alot of problems with the m3 light falling off and shutting off while on the range. its mounted on an accessory rail and then on the H&K .40 usp compact. get with desert sloth they shoot more than us and have had lots of problems. on a side note botach.com has a light and foreend grip combo for the tlr for $120 just make sure you order over the phone or email. their internet orders dont go through.
Mine slides right onto my SIG, integral rails, no aftermarket stuff. Never had any problems with it falling off though.

It'll do for now, we'll see if we can get my entire team outfitted with some new ones since this is a working defect.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I believe the problem rests' with the tailcap that touches the batteries to power, seems like it just doesn't have the strength to hold tightly shut and maintain contact. Plastic. :? :roll:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Desert Sloth wrote:
cams wrote:I believe the problem rests' with the tailcap that touches the batteries to power, seems like it just doesn't have the strength to hold tightly shut and maintain contact. Plastic. :? :roll:
It is not completely that. I do not think Insight Technologies put alot of forethought into the fact that there is a ton of overpressure coming out of these hand cannons. Even the one they made specifically for H&K (The UTL) was a complete POS....a waste of 169 bucks. The bulbs would fail, the plastic would crack and the light system would come off. The tail caps would crack or the whole flipping thing would stop working.

When they started making the "Xtreme" version (milspec), the got it right. We have had zero problems with them thus far minus the "dead man's" switch. I hate the contstant on switch, but it has come in handy a few times. I would prefer something similar to other tail caps where you can "double tap" the switch for constant on or leave it as a simple pressure pad for light when you need it.
Unless I'm mis-understanding you, mine has both, left side down for constant on and right side down for momentary.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Desert Sloth wrote:
cams wrote:I believe the problem rests' with the tailcap that touches the batteries to power, seems like it just doesn't have the strength to hold tightly shut and maintain contact. Plastic. :? :roll:
It is not completely that. I do not think Insight Technologies put alot of forethought into the fact that there is a ton of overpressure coming out of these hand cannons. Even the one they made specifically for H&K (The UTL) was a complete POS....a waste of 169 bucks. The bulbs would fail, the plastic would crack and the light system would come off. The tail caps would crack or the whole flipping thing would stop working.

When they started making the "Xtreme" version (milspec), the got it right. We have had zero problems with them thus far minus the "dead man's" switch. I hate the contstant on switch, but it has come in handy a few times. I would prefer something similar to other tail caps where you can "double tap" the switch for constant on or leave it as a simple pressure pad for light when you need it.
Ok, I get what you were saying now. Had to read it over a few times to get it right.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Return to “Personal Gear”