Hi Y'all

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

lexlawgirl
Embryo

Hi Y'all

Post by lexlawgirl »

Hi, I'm a 28 year old lawyer with no hope or plans to ever become a Ranger (I kissed a Ranger back during my sorority girl days at UK when we drove down to Ft. Campbell on weekends to take in the scenery ;), but that's about as close to serving my country as I'm likely to get, I fear).

In any event, I'm just sort of quietly browsing around and saying "hi" and thank you to the people who do have the dedication and initiative to put the rest of us before themselves. I don't know that I'll talk much, but I wanted to check in.

*hugs*
-Steph
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome to our home away from home. If that is your picture, you are welcome to stay as long as you want. Seeriously, Welcome.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
lexlawgirl
Embryo

Thanks

Post by lexlawgirl »

Yeah, its me

Thanks for the welcome :D

*hugs*
-Steph
Last edited by lexlawgirl on April 16th, 2004, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

You get hotter with each post. Wow! I saw that you are a lawyer. would you indulge us in some of your views in the News and Politics section of the board.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Cat

Post by Cat »

A lawyer wow, did you go to law school in the UK?

Welcome.
straightshooter
Tadpole

Post by straightshooter »

Steph,
Welcome. You are a very beautiful woman and also you sound smart, hopefully you have a great sense of humor to follow. Evidently you show no fear for posting your picture right out of the gate, so I ask for you to jump in any time you want to whether it's with legal info, political views, or just driving these men crazy!!! It's a very serious website for education purposes yet, very lighted hearted in other aspects too. Once again welcome.

SS
55B, 1989-1992, Ft. Benning, GA. United States Army Marksmanship Team 1990-1992, International Pistol.

life is what you make of it
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Cat wrote:A lawyer wow, did you go to law school in the UK?

Welcome.
No, she went to lawschool in the USA at the University of Kentucky. :roll:

Welcome aboard Lexy.
Cat

Post by Cat »

Spartan wrote:

Welcome.

Welcome aboard Lexy.
Ahhhhh Haaaaa, exam time sorry my brain is fried.

Welcome again.
Last edited by Cat on April 16th, 2004, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Cat wrote:
Spartan wrote:

Welcome.

Welcome aboard Lexy.
Where does it say that? Missed it?
UK=University of Kentucky.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Cat

Post by Cat »

RGR Luna wrote:
Cat wrote:
Spartan wrote: No, she went to lawschool in the USA at the University of Kentucky. :roll:

Welcome aboard Lexy.
Where does it say that? Missed it?
UK=University of Kentucky.
:lol: :lol: :lol: , got it now. Sleep deprivation is a bad thing for Cat :oops:
lexlawgirl
Embryo

Post by lexlawgirl »

Sorry :oops: I wasn't very clear.

But they're right. It was UK in Lexington, hence the name. I graduated in May 2000. Being a lawyer is very, exquisitely boring. *sigh*
Cat

Post by Cat »

lexlawgirl wrote:Sorry :oops: I wasn't very clear.

But they're right. It was UK in Lexington, hence the name. I graduated in May 2000. Being a lawyer is very, exquisitely boring. *sigh*
What kind of law do you specialize in?
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

lexlawgirl wrote:Sorry :oops: I wasn't very clear.

Then, apparently, you've stumbled into the right place. Our Pastor, Abell9 will be along shortly to try and convert you and have you join the Divine Sisters of the Yellow River.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

WELCOME! So how exactly did you stumble to this forum?
lexlawgirl
Embryo

Post by lexlawgirl »

I do just about everything. It's a really small firm, only 12 attorneys (and I'm the next-to-lowest on the totem pole), so it's pretty well whatever walks through the door (except Criminal and Divorce work) on the Defense side. I do a little bit of litigation, a little bit of contracts, a little bit of real estate, etc. I have one really interesting case where some clients of mine (people with WAY more money than sense) bought some paintings from a guy who turned out /not/ to be the administrator of his mother's estate. Mostly its just petty squabbling....the sort of thing you just want to say "Boys, go to your rooms!" instead of going through all the court appearances and hassle ;) It's not so bad, just sort of dry.
No quite what y'all were/are doing.

-Steph

Return to “Introduction Archive”