secret clearance with a waiver

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
malik289
Tadpole

secret clearance with a waiver

Post by malik289 »

I was wondering if theres a way to get secret security clearance with a waiver.Because the counselor at MEPS told me that I couldn't get Secret Security Clearance with a waiver,but somebody else told me that I can,it's just the counselor didn't want to go through the extra paperwork for me.If anyone has helping answers thank you in advance.
AntonA2W
Ranger

yep

Post by AntonA2W »

I wouldnt be too worried about getting a secret security clearance at all, you just need a name and P.O. Box #. Its the " SUPERDY-Duper security clearance you should be worried about. Thats when they hunt down all your ex-girlfriends and question them, tied-up, with a mag-lite in their eyes......
"...Fuck it all and Fuckin no regrets..."

God Bless Dementia

1/75, A2W, 11Jul93-18Nov94 (started day 1 of a 34 day nap)
malik289
Tadpole

Re: yep

Post by malik289 »

AntonA2W wrote:I wouldnt be too worried about getting a secret security clearance at all, you just need a name and P.O. Box #. Its the " SUPERDY-Duper security clearance you should be worried about. Thats when they hunt down all your ex-girlfriends and question them, tied-up, with a mag-lite in their eyes......
Well Ranger AntonA2W I was trying to find out so I can ask my recruiter to try and Renogotiate my contract to option 40.
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

No such thing as a waiver for a clearance. If your denied, your denied.
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
malik289
Tadpole

Post by malik289 »

I had to have a Moral waiver because I got into some trouble when I was younger.So when I went to meps the counselor said since i had to have a waiver I wouldn't qualify for secret security clearance so he didn't even give me a chance to try and obtain secret security clearance.
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

Just cause you have a waiver doesn't mean you won't get a clearance. That's not up to a counselor at MEPS to decide. He enlists you.. he doesn't do your clearance.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

I got a moral waiver and a clearance. Of course, I have to renew my clearance next year...............
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
malik289
Tadpole

Post by malik289 »

So basically,The counselor at MEPS screwed me over Big time.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

malik289 wrote:So basically,The counselor at MEPS screwed me over Big time.
Not really. Basiclly, it sounds like you screwed yourself over Big time. Time to take responsibility for your own actions. Don't blame the counselor. He's not the one that got into trouble. That was you.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

malik289 wrote:So basically,The counselor at MEPS screwed me over Big time.

Combination of you fucking up and the counselor being a clown.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
malik289
Tadpole

Post by malik289 »

Ive realized that im just gonna deal with it,or try and Renogotiate my contract.
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: secret clearance with a waiver

Post by hobbit »

malik289 wrote:I was wondering if theres a way to get secret security clearance with a waiver.Because the counselor at MEPS told me that I couldn't get Secret Security Clearance with a waiver,but somebody else told me that I can,it's just the counselor didn't want to go through the extra paperwork for me.If anyone has helping answers thank you in advance.
Now that the Democrats are taking over, just tell the government you converted to Islam, that you want to open a terrorism school in Tucson, and that you need access to all of our most sensitive defense data. That should get you a top secret security clearence in about 72 hours, and very possibly an affirmative action grant to help kick off your new school.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
RTO
BANNED

Re: secret clearance with a waiver

Post by RTO »

hobbit wrote:
malik289 wrote:I was wondering if theres a way to get secret security clearance with a waiver.Because the counselor at MEPS told me that I couldn't get Secret Security Clearance with a waiver,but somebody else told me that I can,it's just the counselor didn't want to go through the extra paperwork for me.If anyone has helping answers thank you in advance.
Now that the Democrats are taking over, just tell the government you converted to Islam, that you want to open a terrorism school in Tucson, and that you need access to all of our most sensitive defense data. That should get you a top secret security clearence in about 72 hours, and very possibly an affirmative action grant to help kick off your new school.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
coldsteal2
Veteran: US Army/US Navy

Post by coldsteal2 »

Sadly enough that will probably work!! hahah :lol:
SGT USArmy Retired/Disabled
B 1/44 ADA 9th ID Ft Lewis 88-91 16R10 Vulcan Gunner
31M 63rd ARCOM 88 Oceanside CA
also
RM2 USN 1983-1988
NAVCOMMSTA SD 84-86
32nd ST NAVSTA 86-87