DanC sends his first report from Reception Station

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

DanC sends his first report from Reception Station

Post by Earthpig »

I received this letter from DanC a couple days ago. The return address said it all: "Hell on Earth." :lol:

Ranger EarthPig,

This is DanC on the forum. I am in Reception right now, in my 6th day. Our plane was delayed in LAX and Chicago, so we arrived at the 30th at 1300 Saturday. As a result of this, we will be in reception until 05OCT06.

I never thought Reception would suck as bad as everyone makes it out. The boredom and lack of movement really annoy me. Oh well, time to just deal with it and move the fuck out.

I PT every night, mainly pushups and modified pullups on the bunks. The Drill Sergeants are fair! Some of the DS's are pretty funny guys, when they chew somebody out. People around here cannot seem to shut the fuck up and follow orders. The lack of discipline is disheartening.

I haven't met anyone from the board, but there are some cool guys with OPT40's in my line. Well, this is getting long-winded.

I will keep you updated on my situation.

DanC

Well, Dan, you haven't seen anything yet. Reception is exactly that...a place to get your haircut, shots, gear, etc. You won't really learn much there, except boredom. Hopefully, some of those "cool OPT40" guys will end up in your platoon at OSUT. Keep driving on and soak up as much training as you can, when you get there. The time will literally fly by. Continue to PT in the evenings. Good luck, and keep us posted.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
BrianT
Inprocessing

Post by BrianT »

Damn seems like an eternity ago and just yesterday at the same time.

Return to “Letters from School”