questions for an Army Ranger

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

UNC
Egg

questions for an Army Ranger

Post by UNC »

My user name is UNC, I am a ROTC cadet at the University of Northern Colorado, i have aspired to be in the army my whole life and not just that but to be an army ranger out of College, what can i expect from Ranger School coming out of college as a commissioned officer
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Splat
Ranger

Post by Splat »

You can expect to get rattled by several PFCs from BN, when the rank comes off. Welcome to ArmyRanger.com.
-Splat
HHC 3/22 (88 - 92)
C co 3/75 (93 - 94)
Ranger Class 1-90
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: questions for an Army Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

UNC wrote:My user name is UNC, I am a ROTC cadet at the University of Northern Colorado, i have aspired to be in the army my whole life and not just that but to be an army ranger out of College, what can i expect from Ranger School coming out of college as a commissioned officer
To get kicked in the balls numerous times.

You need to get an avatar from the appropriate selection.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

UNC,
A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. Sadly, you failed to do so. You are a guest here, and as such, we expect you to do a few things;
1. Read all the FAQs, stickies, and selectively read the threads.
2. Almost every question you, or any other guest can raise has been answered several times.
3. The search button is your friend, I'm not.
Very shortly, one or more of the DEPs will welcome you, they can assist you on your journey. As you prepare yourself for accepting a commission in the Army of the United States, be aware of the responsibilities that accompany that privilege -- leading American soldiers into combat should not be taken lightly.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

Hey UNC, I'm in CSU ROTC, That means you were there last week. huh? Well, the best thing you can do is get registered and read the other, already answered questions. It's good that you are motivated, but you also know how hard it is to get a branch that you actually want.

Your motivation for going to Ranger School should be to enhance you leadership. If your an officer, it shouldn't be an option, even if you don't make it, at least you had the balls.

Come talk to me someday at lab and I will answer any question's you may have. You should be able to figure out who I am.

Weak intro man.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00
Getting hosed down by the local Police.

"I use to be in charge of million dollar equipment, now I can't get a job at the car wash!"

Return to “Introduction Archive”