airborne school

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
jeremy
Embryo

airborne school

Post by jeremy »

So im gonna give everyone an update of what im doing, I graduated basic and AIT 2 weeks ago and i started airborne school last week. If everything goes right I should be goin to RIP in 2 weeks.
Silverback
Ranger

Re: airborne school

Post by Silverback »

jeremy wrote:So im gonna give everyone an update of what im doing, I graduated basic and AIT 2 weeks ago and i started airborne school last week. If everything goes right I should be goin to RIP in 2 weeks.
Break a leg kid...wait that's hollywood talk. Stay calm an go to sleep it's fucking late and you gotta go to church and pray or your miserable fucking carcas tomorrow.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Tower week is fun, but pay attention. You can get hurt easy on those towers. Make sure you 'adjust' properly so you don't rack your self. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Ranger Luna wrote:Tower week is fun, but pay attention. You can get hurt easy on those towers. Make sure you 'adjust' properly so you don't rack your self. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
X2 yup......nothing worse than riding a nut all the way down! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Keep your feet and knees together. 8)
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
jeremy
Embryo

Post by jeremy »

I'm through my first week of airborne now, we ended up doing the 35ft towers the first week because of the four day weekend for labor day. If the exit is anything like that tower was it should be cake.

Anyone know what the signifigance of all the flashy instruction is?

ex. all the thigh slapping?
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

jeremy wrote:I'm through my first week of airborne now, we ended up doing the 35ft towers the first week because of the four day weekend for labor day. If the exit is anything like that tower was it should be cake.

Anyone know what the signifigance of all the flashy instruction is?

ex. all the thigh slapping?
Been around as long as Airborne school itself. It's probably just designed to be an attention getter.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

jeremy wrote:If the exit is anything like that tower was it should be cake.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :shock:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

AbnRgr289 wrote:
jeremy wrote:If the exit is anything like that tower was it should be cake.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Um..........NO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Echo Zman
Embryo

Post by Echo Zman »

Ever had a fly stuck inside your car and trying to get out? Ever seen what happens when you let the window down when he gets near the top? Yeah...
Echo Zman
Embryo

Post by Echo Zman »

edit for double post
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Echo Zman wrote:Ever had a fly stuck inside your car and trying to get out? Ever seen what happens when you let the window down when he gets near the top? Yeah...
Yepper!! Consider the sky to be the canister part of a vaccume cleaner and the plane as the nozel. :twisted:

I never jumped outta shit. I just walked towards the door until I was sucked out. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just imagine: The plane takes off.........your heart is already racing..............you then fly around a bit. The door opens and the air is suddenly rushing around inside of the bird and makes you think to yourself "WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING?" You then here that '6 minutes!!' and your ass tightens and heart starts to beat a little faster. The next 5 minutes goes so fucking fast, that you think the Jumpmaster needs to buy a new fucking watch.........one that can actually tell time.

The Jumpmaster then tells you something so unimaginable: "STAND UP!!!" and you think to yourself "I dont want to stand up for shit!!!" :shock: "But I had better do it so no one might think that Im thinking of crying 'mommy'. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then they tell you to 'HOOOK UUUUP' and once again you think about mommy. By this time you heart feels like its going to jump outta your chest and you could swear that everone can hear the fucker, over the rushing wind.

Then, when the fastest 5 minutes EVER comes to sudden halt, that fucking Jumpmaster, that can't tell time for shit, turns to you, seeming to look right at your scared ass............puts one hand in the air with his index finger extended, as if he is trying to show you the bugger he just picked from his nose..............and yells "ONE MINUTE"!! Your asshole, at this point, feels like it is turning inside out and the butterflies are about to consume you. You think about mommy some more.

You then watch that asshole look out the door and turn around and shows you the length of his dick, and yells (at you) "30 seconds"!!!!

This whole fucking time you realize that you forgot about the lights. :x That prick, then tells the first poor bastard to "STAAANNND INNNN THE DOOOORRR!!!" Now, you are looking for your mommy!!! and your heart is about to do it's best 'Alien' immitation.

Then you see the fucking light turn green. You would shit yourself, but can't!! Thats because it would be physically impossible. (see above).

The towers aren't even close, to what actually throwing your body out of a plane is like!!!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

MRE's are waiting for you below!
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Does your watch show the months of the year?? its been 7 months since this post chimpy :twisted:
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers

Return to “About Airborne School”