Your being monitored!

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

wellfed
Ranger

Your being monitored!

Post by wellfed »

I know most of the LEOs here already know about this. EDRs (Event Data Recorders) are presently hooked up to some of your favorites rides and possibilly y7our can without your knowledge. These devices track your speed, RPMs, brakes, accellerator and air bag deployments. They are used for accident reconstruction and all a LEO has to do is hook it up to your car and hand to the DA and your charged with a crime. I don't mind having it in my car, but at least let me know I've got one! Here's the list of vehicles that currently have one...it's been mandated by the Federal government that they will be installed in every vehicle by 2011. I can see me at check point and a cop reaches in his back pocket and pulls out a PDA and plugs it in my car and says "OH! you were going 75 MPH 20 minutes ago, Here's your ticket and have a nice day. I know some insurance companies offer an in-car monitor to watch your driving habits in return you get a price break.

The List of DOOM!

http://www.harristechnical.com/download ... st.pdf[url][/url]
"You're never beaten until you admit it."

RS 1-86

Post by Guest »

The main use of them is to study the air bag deployment. I know my Vette has one and it freaks some of the owners out. I think there have only been a few (2 or 3 ) times where they have used this information in a trial. Could be more.

Recently there was a case where two fuck asses were street racing in a MB and a Vette. They both crashed and killed a couple in another car. They told the po po that they were doing like 65 in a 45. The cop called bullshit and hooked in to the EDR and it showed that both of the cars were traveling in excess of 140 mph in town. Both of the drivers were charged and got 5 years of so. Should have been more. If I find the link I will post it.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:The main use of them is to study the air bag deployment. I know my Vette has one and it freaks some of the owners out. I think there have only been a few (2 or 3 ) times where they have used this information in a trial. Could be more.

Recently there was a case where two fuck asses were street racing in a MB and a Vette. They both crashed and killed a couple in another car. They told the po po that they were doing like 65 in a 45. The cop called bullshit and hooked in to the EDR and it showed that both of the cars were traveling in excess of 140 mph in town. Both of the drivers were charged and got 5 years of so. Should have been more. If I find the link I will post it.
Do not know WTF is going on. This was my post. Oh well. Fuck it.

SFC H8R
wellfed
Ranger

Post by wellfed »

Anonymous wrote:The main use of them is to study the air bag deployment. I know my Vette has one and it freaks some of the owners out. I think there have only been a few (2 or 3 ) times where they have used this information in a trial. Could be more.

????? Moderator.....you want to explain!

RS 1-86
wellfed
Ranger

Post by wellfed »

Anonymous wrote:

Do not know WTF is going on. This was my post. Oh well. Fuck it.

SFC H8R
GO POST AN INTRO!!!! :D :shock: :D

RS 1-86

Post by Guest »

Just another reason to hate GM, and now Ford too!

Someone's just gonna have to figure out how to hack the things so they never read more than a set maximum and generally read 5-10 mph lower than you're travelling. :twisted:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Anonymous wrote:Just another reason to hate GM, and now Ford too!

Someone's just gonna have to figure out how to hack the things so they never read more than a set maximum and generally read 5-10 mph lower than you're travelling. :twisted:
sign in SFC H8R
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

CloakAndDagger wrote:Someone's just gonna have to figure out how to hack the things so they never read more than a set maximum and generally read 5-10 mph lower than you're travelling. :twisted:
Dammit, something's broken. That was my post.

Admin???
wellfed
Ranger

Post by wellfed »

Anonymous wrote:Just another reason to hate GM, and now Ford too!

If you do that, It'll probably call On-Star! :shock: :D

RS 1-86
wellfed
Ranger

Post by wellfed »

It must be the subject line....It must be a flag word and all the intel computers just lit up... :shock:

RS 1-86
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

H8R,

I made the same mistake you did early. Ranger Steadfast initially thought you were doing it again. I cleared it up...and did some pushups.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

No Dodge on the list!! I guess I'm safe driving like an asshole in my Charger...... For now.... :lol: :lol: 8)
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
haz-mat
Ranger

Post by haz-mat »

Man I was really surprised my 1966 Bronco wasn't on the list!!
"Here dead lie we, because we did not choose
To live and shame the land from which we sprung..." --A. E. Housman

3/75 92-95; Charlie Rock
Ranger school class 9-93

Return to “The Mosh Pit”