New Shit

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Silverback
Ranger

New Shit

Post by Silverback »

All I gotta' say is...J-Tubes are for bitches, long live the nasal trumpet
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
DJB
Ranger

Post by DJB »

Trick-o-the-trade, I always have one of these in my pocket at the hospital (along with 14g angiocath, scalpel, a stick of flush and stick of neosynephrine)

Put a AMBU connector from a 7.5 ET in to the 7.5mm NT. now you can hook it straight to an ambu once placed (just keep mouth closed)
People are generally nose breathers anyway.

Aco1/75 Rgr 92-98, class 3/94, 300F1 5/95
Instructor Medical OBC, 99-00, 143rd LRSD (TXNG) 00-03.
Contractor Physician JBLM 2010-

Jihadists have no means by which to destroy the institutions of our society, while the Congressman does.

http://www.lifesharers.org/
91W
USAR

Post by 91W »

bustedkidney wrote:Trick-o-the-trade, I always have one of these in my pocket at the hospital (along with 14g angiocath, scalpel, a stick of flush and stick of neosynephrine)

Put a AMBU connector from a 7.5 ET in to the 7.5mm NT. now you can hook it straight to an ambu once placed (just keep mouth closed)
People are generally nose breathers anyway.

That is awesome Ranger bustedkidney, I'll have to see if they will allow that one.
"If you cannot accomplish great things, Accomplish small things in a great way"

"A Goal is a dream with a deadline"

USAR 1995-2005
OIF 2004-2005
91W
NREMT
91W
USAR

Post by 91W »

Doc wrote:
91W wrote:
That is awesome Ranger bustedkidney, I'll have to see if they will allow that one.
What would your field application be in the prehospital setting?

If it's useful, do some research on the topic/procedure. Get your research together with some other EMS systems that might employ the technique and present it to your Medical Director for approval of trial.

Check Six,
Doc
Off the top of my head, Indiana has Basic and Basic-Advanced, no advanced airway skills for them. Looks like a better way to use a BVM than mask when a gag reflex is intact and a combitube is contraindicated. As far as Medics, I would use it in the DNR situation as a way to bag easier while waiting for med control to decide to work or not. Plus we do not have RSI.

I use the shit out of NP airways already. would also give the ability for capnography if the numbers would be accurate. As far as working with other systems there is no real cooperation as far as standing orders or med control in our area as of yet.

USAR 1995-2005
OIF 2004-2005
91W
NREMT
91W
USAR

Post by 91W »

Capnography is only on Intubated patients with inline monitering. We use the Zoll M series right now. Had LifePak 12's for awhile and I do not have a preference as to which yet. The capnography is fairly new for us but I love it.

I agree 100% about being perfect with BLS before ALS is attempted. Pt. assesment is my number 1 thing that I stress. Without a good assesment at the Basic level you will never have a good foundation for ALS care. After that I love Cardiology and cannot get enough of learning about it.

By the way, where do you fly at and where do you teach Critical Care at I have been looking at the class but Indiana does not recognise it as of yet.

USAR 1995-2005
OIF 2004-2005
91W
NREMT
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Yay! Nasal rape!
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01