Introduction of another fucking cherry

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Rockhead
Embryo

Introduction of another fucking cherry

Post by Rockhead »

Greetings Rangers. My name is Brent. I am an 18-year-old recent high school graduate, who signed an 11x contract back in December. I made my decision to join the military at the beginning of my senior year, and I knew once I decided to join the Army that I wanted to distinguish myself by proving that I could be apart of the best. I wanted to defeat the toughest challenges and be apart of something elite, tough, honorable and recognized within the Army. I wanted to be surrounded by the toughest men the Army had to offer. This is why becoming a Ranger appealed so much to me.

I thought I had done enough research, but most unfortunately I was quite wrong. Due to miscommunications with the recruiter that drove me to MEPS, and a lack of research on my part, I did not ask for an option 40 contract. I've been lurking on this site for a few months, and of course I've learned that the route of volunteering (what I was told to do to get into Regiment) was hopeless. I've talked to several Soldiers and Recruiters (one of whom was a tabbed Ranger) who have told me that I'll be fine as long as I do a decent job in OSUT. Reading about Ranger Collegepuke's story did give me some confidence, but I've been pushing to renegotiate, even though my recruiter is being a dick about it.I wasn't going to register on this site in the first place, figuring that I would at best waste someone's time or piss somebody off, but I decided that I at least owed everyone here my thanks for the wealth of information and guidance. I've been PTing my ass off, and have learned everything in my Pre-BCT task list to improve my chances of being offered a slot into Airborne school and RIP.

Thank you again for the amount of information provided on this site. I will resume keeping my mouth shut, learning, and PTing until I leave or my situation changes.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site. Damn shame you didn't learn how to secure a Ranger contract before signing a contract. Best of luck to you getting to and more importantly through RIP.
Draco
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Draco »

How big are your balls?

Unless the rules have changed, you can break your contract up to 90 days after starting BCT/OSUT. (Someone correct me if this has changed.) Tell your recruiter you decided you didnt want to enlist, unless he changes your contract and get an Option 40. I almost changed my contract, but that was back in the mid '80s. I enlisted with the unassigned Airborne option, (not sure what it is called today) and was offered a Batt assignment after ABN school. I turned it down because I already had orders to 1/10th SFG(A).

DO NOT let your recruiter BS you. There are always ways to get what you want on your contract.
1/10th SFG(A) Bad Toelz, FRG 85-88
Co. G/143rd INF (LRRS) 89-91
Rgr Class 6-92
Jack of all trades 92-present

"Hope and pray that you'll never need me,
But rest assured I will not let you down.
I'll walk beside you but you may not see me,
The strongest among you may not wear a crown." 3DD
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

Welcome
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Well, Brent, you provided a fine introduction. Please take the time to explain to us (no more than 300 words) why you want to become a Ranger and what you are doing to prepare yourself. I'll be lookijng for an answer within the next 48 hours. Thank you.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Rockhead

Post by Steadfast »

WELCOME Rockhead

Go down to Recruitment Process - read 'bout others like you have done and check on Renegotiate - http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=22351, then search for more of the like.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratulations for your enlistment and desire to be a Ranger. You still can change your fate and the infornation you need will be found by searching. More advice can be forthcoming, but first you must comply with Ranger Jim's request.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Rockhead
Embryo

Post by Rockhead »

Ranger Jim:

Just as sure as I knew that I wanted to join the military when I made that decision, I soon after knew that I wanted to be apart of an elite body within the military. One of the main appeals of the military to me had been the challenge. I sought to be faced with and overcome a great challenge, and I sought to be among people who had likewise conquered it. I know that sounds like a lot of hot air, but it was for this reason that the Marines initially attracted me. Their swagger and self-confidence had me going for a while, but a few visits with them and background research on my own sent me the way of the Army. The path to becoming, and the lifestyle of the Ranger seemed to be exactly what I was looking for, so I dove into the Army headfirst.

I prepared myself by reading books about the Rangers in my school library, articles on the internet, and frequenting Ranger operated sites like this one, to educate myself on the history and lifestyle of the Rangers, and more specifically the 75th Regiment. Pretty soon I knew enough that whenever some kid asked my Recruiter about the Rangers, he would answer and double check with me, or just ask me first.

Physically, I started out decent as far as strength, but my running was weak. I've been doing about 100-200 pushups ( 88 in 2 minutes) and 100 sit-ups (71 in 2 minutes) a day. My two mile was weak at 14:37, but I've been working on it. I've gone from about 1 mile twice a week, to 3 miles 3-4 times a week, and I've shaved a little over a minute off my two mile. Now that school is out, I will have time to push myself harder.

Ranger Draco:

I've considered doing this, but I honestly don't want to break my contract. Becoming a Ranger is very important to me, but I'm also going to be proud about becoming an Infantryman. Even becoming a Soldier will be a great honor for me. So I don't want out of the Army just because I can't come up with a Ranger contract before I ship out. Even if I have to get there on re-enlistment, I'm going to get there, but I definitely don't want out.

Ranger Steadfast: Understood and complying.
11x, 20060713
Rockhead
Embryo

Post by Rockhead »

Ranger Jim, I apologize in advance for my response exceeding your specifications in word count. I did not do a final word count before I submitted, another example of me jumping into things too fast. Knocking out 50.
11x, 20060713
Draco
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Draco »

Ranger Draco:

I've considered doing this, but I honestly don't want to break my contract. Becoming a Ranger is very important to me, but I'm also going to be proud about becoming an Infantryman.
The two are NOT mutually exclusive, you can do both, even at this stage. 8)
1/10th SFG(A) Bad Toelz, FRG 85-88
Co. G/143rd INF (LRRS) 89-91
Rgr Class 6-92
Jack of all trades 92-present

"Hope and pray that you'll never need me,
But rest assured I will not let you down.
I'll walk beside you but you may not see me,
The strongest among you may not wear a crown." 3DD
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Welcome and good luck.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Rockhead wrote:Ranger Jim, I apologize in advance for my response exceeding your specifications in word count. I did not do a final word count before I submitted, another example of me jumping into things too fast. Knocking out 50.
Thank you for the effort. On one hand, you'll usually find that if you respond quickly, you get credit in Ranger-land. However you also have to recognize that premature action can (and will) get you into trouble. We refer to this as "good initiative -- poor judgement." We've all been there...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
gpatmac
Ranger

Post by gpatmac »

Rockhead wrote:Ranger Draco:

I've considered doing this, but I honestly don't want to break my contract. Becoming a Ranger is very important to me, but I'm also going to be proud about becoming an Infantryman. Even becoming a Soldier will be a great honor for me. So I don't want out of the Army just because I can't come up with a Ranger contract before I ship out. Even if I have to get there on re-enlistment, I'm going to get there, but I definitely don't want out.
Whether you want to admit it or not, your answer clearly shows that you're not ready to become a Ranger. It's not 'breaking your contract', its called a renegotiation, or reno. If you're qualified and that's the agreement you thought you had with your recruiter, there's no reason why he shouldn't be able to easily and quickly reno it for you.

I expect to see a response or a private message from you within the week that you're reno is approved (yeah, it is that quick) or I'll assume that you really don't want to be a Ranger.
4-17IN, 7th ID(L) - 1987-1991;2/327IN, 101st ID - 1997-2001; 2-5IN, 25th ID(L) - 2000-2004
Ranger Class 3/97,4/97,5/97(Grad)
Rockhead
Embryo

Post by Rockhead »

Ranger gpatmac:

I guess there's nothing that will light a fire under my ass quicker than a Ranger telling me I'm not ready. I've just gotten from off the phone, and been informed that my recruiter has taken leave until June 5th. As far as I've been told, he is the only one who will be able to deal with my case. Not sure if this is true, but I do know he usually keeps our(DEPs from my area) documents locked at his desk, but maybe I should I be asking SFC hit_it about this? I'm telling you this to let you know that my renegotiation may take longer than the week you asked me to accomplish it in. Thank you for correcting me in my attitude.
11x, 20060713

Return to “Introduction Archive”