Pullups...correct way

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
PGT

Pullups...correct way

Post by PGT »

I can bust out around 10-11 pullups now which i think is OK. id like around 20 by the end of the year. My question is which way is the right way? with palms facing towards the body or out?

i know it makes a big difference. with palms facing out i can only do 6-7 but with them facing my body i can do 10-11.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Palms facing your body and make sure you fully extend your arms on the hang.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Rugger
Ranger

Post by Rugger »

Palms facing out are called pull ups. Palms facing in are called chin ups. The number you can do with your palms facing out is probably one of the truest signs of your real strength. However for army training you need to do sets with your palms facing in. Your reps indicate that you have decent strength. I suggest that you start using a weighted belt to increase your reps. Add about ten percent of your body weight and see how many reps you can do. Do three to five sets three times a week and you will get good results. As Ranger Silverback stated make sure that you fully extend your arms as you come down. You are only cheating yourself if you do not. Try doing your pull ups immediately after doing bench press or push ups.
A 3/75 86-88 Ranger Class 12-87

Return to “About Army Physical Training”