Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Harry Balsagna
Egg

Introduction

Post by Harry Balsagna »

Morning Rangers,

My name is John and I'm 23 years young from Brooklyn. I have some serious questions regarding how to proceed from enlistment to Ranger. Before I get shit about my age, you guys should know I had to graduate college before I could proceed with what I really wanted to do - enlist. So, with that out of the way, I'm more than willing to take shit from all people who have already proven themselves. Any and all advice is appreciated.
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

First off, lose the attitude, 23 is young, and nobody here will think it is strange at all to be that age when enlisting. You are welcome here, and we will help any way we can, but you need to tread carefully.
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
Table of Elements Skater
Future Soldier

Post by Table of Elements Skater »

Welcome PM inbound.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Oohh, a degree! I am so impressed, I think I'm going to cream myself! Can you scan your degree and post it? Because I want to print it out on some nice, soft paper and use it to wipe my ass. Lose the fucking attitude bud.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

You want shit? You certainly came to the right place. Lose the attitude. I was 30 when I graduated RIP. You got a college degree? So what. It won't matter at all in training, in fact it might hurt you if you carry around a 'I'm better then the rest' attidude during training.

Read much. Post little. Welcome.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome aboard. I'll assume you have a dry sense of sacrcastic humor, as I do, and assume that you have no attitude. Like Ranger RTO, I was 30 when I enlisted. It's all in your head...either you want it, or you don't. Age isn't a factor. Good luck.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Paladin
BANNED

Re: Introduction

Post by Paladin »

Harry Balsagna wrote:Morning Rangers,

My name is John and I'm 23 years young from Brooklyn. I have some serious questions regarding how to proceed from enlistment to Ranger.
Before I get shit about my age, you guys should know I had to graduate college before I could proceed with what I really wanted to do - enlist
. So, with that out of the way, I'm more than willing to take shit from all people who have already proven themselves. Any and all advice is appreciated.
Well, Young Wannabe
Back on the bottom of the pile are you? That college thing work out for you really well ? Everytime that you get to the top of the pile there is another pile of shit you have to climb to succede. You are at the bottom again, and everything you do from this moment on is slippery and at times will suck a donkeys ass. But if you have the energy and the lung capacity you will procede! Lose that fucking New Yoark Shitty City, Brooklyn attitude and shut the fuck up. Its like the salsa commercial.... If its made in "NEW YORK CITY" It Sucks! :roll: Use the search button and just listen without Brooklyn comment! Can you do that? I truly doubt it!

Paladin 1952
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

I guess you are the first in todays round of assclowns......

read the forum....be quiet and learn. Loose the tough guy attitude. It wont work here.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Sounds like you have a holier than thou attitude. The best thing you can do is loose that because you’ll see that a “youngâ€
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

rgrpuck wrote:I guess you are the first in todays round of assclowns......
Did you get your daily PM yet?
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
Paladin
BANNED

Post by Paladin »

msg_dman wrote:
:shock: :D :D :D
Harry Balsagna
Egg

Post by Harry Balsagna »

My apologies to those of you who have read and will read the initial bs introduction. I deserve the abuse. It wasn't my intention to come across that way and for that I am sorry. This will be my last post until I have a reasonable question that can't be answered within the confines of the site. Thanks for the feedback.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

msg_dman wrote:

Not yet ......but its early. :roll:
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )

Return to “Introduction Archive”