Danner Acadia's Quality Problem ( Rant)

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Danner Acadia's Quality Problem ( Rant)

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I bought a pair of Acadia's back in December after I found a pair for $159 shipped. I have only wore them three or four times outdoors on some fairly steep and rocky terrain and now I have noticed that the soles are seperating. The first time it was just a small place, so I did what seemed the right thing to do, I used some Shoe Goo and a clamp and fixed them. After my next hike I found another split and Shoe Goo and a clamp fixed it. I then go to thinking that maybe I need to send the fucker back, so I look for the shit that came with them. I must have burnt that stuff after Christmas. Next I go to the internet under Warranty and it reads:
Any repair work not performed by the manufacturer may void the warranty.
Fuck ! I guess Shoe Goo counts as a repair work . After looking at the boots the problem seems to be in the stiching that holds the leather to the insole board. The stiching seems a little loose and this has put too much stress on the glued seem between the leather and the insole board on the outside edge. I was able to see the Gortex bootie through the stiching. Now I may be stuck with a pair of defective POS Danner's. If so, I may just ship them back and tell them what they can do with their fucking defective , Made in America Acadia's. :evil:
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
pzpos360

Post by pzpos360 »

Damn, I just bought Acadias and have been wearing them for a couple of weeks. Sorry about your luck but I hope mine don't fall apart like that. They seem pretty well built.
Oilpatch
Tadpole

Post by Oilpatch »

I wouldn't sweat that, Ranger Flesh Thorn.

Call Danner up and soon, tell them what happened, what you did to try to fix it as a stopgap, and that you want a return code. It only says it "may" void the warranty.

(I haven't done this with Danner myself, but I have done it with other companies and there has never been a problem with the "good" companies. Timberland, for example. From what I hear, Danner is a "good" company.)

There's probably a good chance you aren't the only one or the first one; bad glue batches, rotten thread batches, etc. It happens, and the "good" companies want to know about it when there's a problem and will strive to make it right.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I would like to add that the Acadias are very comfortable and seem to be the boot in everyway except for the problem mentioned. Of course there are going to be a few lemons in even the highest quality items. I just hate that I seem to have ended up with one. I'll waite and see how the Shoe Goo fix holds up before I do anything else.
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Did Danner re-sole them or did you get a local to ?
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Desert Sloth wrote:
Flesh Thorn wrote:Did Danner re-sole them or did you get a local to ?
I had a local do it. He did an excellent job both times. I had him insert a 1/4" thick piece of soft rubber in there both times which really helped out the feet on long humps through shitty terrain. I highly recommend it. Danner will do it for $55.00, but for about the same cost, you can get a local cobbler to do it the way you want it done and have a better choice for what type of sole you want as well.

My .02 cents worth.
Never had a pair of Danners fit yet :evil:
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Desert Sloth wrote:
Horned Toad wrote: Never had a pair of Danners fit yet :evil:
They don't make boots for trolls, bitch............... :lol:
maybe if you had been in back when it was hard you might have carried a heavy ruck and had fucked up feet :twisted:
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Desert Sloth wrote:
Horned Toad wrote: maybe if you had been in back when it was hard you might have carried a heavy ruck and had fucked up feet :twisted:
This coming from a Palace Guard.........rucking to the chow hall and back or around the quad is not considered "hard"........

but then again, you RRD guys were getting compromised so much that you were always on the run......... :lol: :shock:

There was only one team that always seemed to get compromised every time they went out, it wasn’t Tm 1 and it wasn’t Tm 3,hmmmmmmmmmmmm, who was it? :shock:
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92

Return to “Personal Gear”