Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Aegis
Embryo

Introduction

Post by Aegis »

Hi Rangers. Name's Chris, and I'm 18 years old. I'm a high school graduate with no diploma, but I qualified because I had some college credits. I've done civilian work as a Martial Arts instructor and attended Valley Forge Military Academy briefly.

I enlisted on Febuary 11th as 11X, with an 18X intent. I'm scheduled to ship the 22nd of March 2006, and I start training at Benning on the 31st. I've heard alot about Rangers, and one of my goals is to earn the coveted Ranger tab. However, I'm torn as to what I should do. I've had veterans tell me about their experiences in Ranger bats, and others tell me about their experiences in SF. I KNOW I want to go through and complete Ranger School, but is it..."proper" to join a Ranger bat and apply for SF later? Thanks in advance Rangers!
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Aegis

Post by Steadfast »

Use the SEARCH BUTTON

The answer is on this forum but you must search for it. We do not search for the answers for you.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Welcome Aegis.

I will be seeing you at Ft Benning, we have the same class start date.

Pm on the way.

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Also why did you leave Valley Forge?

Answer?
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

VAK wrote:Also why did you leave Valley Forge?

Answer?

"It was wintertime and terribly cold."

"And the British were coming.........."

:lol: :lol:
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

centermass wrote:
VAK wrote:Also why did you leave Valley Forge?

Answer?

"It was wintertime and terribly cold."

"And the British were coming.........."

:lol: :lol:
Hahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!! Welcome.
Table of Elements Skater
Future Soldier

Post by Table of Elements Skater »

PM inbound, you also need an avatar.
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

Welcome..now answer the questions!
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Aegis
Embryo

Post by Aegis »

Sorry about the avatar. I chose one, but it didn't apply for some odd reason. I'll get that squared away.

I don't have a high school diploma, but if you have a certain amount of college credits, one qualifies under Army standards as a high school graduate.

I did not finish my time at Valley Forge due to some major problems the school was having at the time of my attendance, including but not limited to major hazing and plenty of lawsuits.

I have used the search button, as is customary before asking a question. I was unable to find any info. However, now that I have been notified by Ranger Steadfast that this information is available, I will scour the forums some more. Thanks for your help.

Joseph, I look forward to seeing you at Benning! It's very exciting meeting someone else who will be going through training with me. Do you start your training on the 31st?
Aegis
Embryo

Post by Aegis »

Sorry for the double post.

I have scoured the forums for an answer to my question. I have found some instances where DEP's had the Option 40 (Ranger) and Option 70 (SF) both in their contract, and nothing negative was written in response except for welcome, and such. However, I have been unable to find any information pertaining to the matter I have stated in my initial post. Question being, if I want to become a part of SF in the future, say 2-4 years assuming I qualify, is it "proper" for me to attempt to join a Ranger Bat (again, assuming if I qualify)?
Aegis
Embryo

Post by Aegis »

Thanks PaperStreet 2/75

Based on the last 8 hours I've been scouring the site, I've come to the conclusion that it is possible, and something I'll probably end up doing. I am aware that the Option 70 is just the Intent, and not the actual 18X contract, as I am not eligible because of age requirements. I've made the decision to get Option 40 in my contract (although it's already been done, I guess a reno' will have to be done). The recruiters gave me all kinds of bullshit(which I wasn't aware of at the time) when I've asked about Ranger bat in the past, saying I could get ranger later, or just tell me I could get the tab. However, now that I've been so well-informed through the information here, I don't know how I can go to Basic in a few weeks with peace of mind. I only regret is not having come across this site just a few days earlier, as I already reno'd my contract due to extreme hardship my mother was experiencing, and got a 20 day extension on my ship-date.

Again, I thank everyone for their time.

*shifts to permanent lurker mode*

Return to “Introduction Archive”