ASVAB GT

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Kiknskreem
Tadpole

ASVAB GT

Post by Kiknskreem »

I took my ASVAB and recieved two scores. My AFQT (87) and something called a Military Careers score (5), which I have not yet worried about. After looking through all of the test sections, I found nothing marked as "GT". Is the General Technical score a compilation of other components?
Motivated. Dedicated. Heart and Soul.
Harris
Tadpole

Post by Harris »

*edit*
GT is a combo of 1: Word Knowledge, 2: Paragraph crompehension and 3: Arithmetic reasoning.

your local recruiter should have your GT score. Since you got 87, you'll probly have a line score above 110 (required for Option 40).

edited again, found good link.
http://usmilitary.about.com/library/mil ... s=asvab+gt
Last edited by Harris on February 26th, 2004, 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Slip away.
(Badmuther's Bitch)
being held hostage in sandhill...
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Help him now Harris.
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

where in philly you from kik, you went to the Ft. Dix meps, correct?
Kiknskreem
Tadpole

Post by Kiknskreem »

I'm from Lower Merion in Montgomery County... about ten minutes outside of Philly. I have not yet signed the dotted line. Are you from the area Palehorse?
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

went to conestoga high school, parents still live right next to Valley Forge park, i dated a girl from the LM crew team a while back, lori moyer, wonder wtf happend to that bitch
Kiknskreem
Tadpole

Post by Kiknskreem »

No shit pale! I go to LM and my cousin goes to Conestoga. Are you familiar with Wynnewood.? Thats my AO. I'm a junior right now so you might be a few years ahead of my time, but what year did this Lori Moyer go through?
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

oh crap, i graduated conestoga in 2001, she was like, a year or 2 behind me. she was hot, but a total bitch. who is your cousin that goes to stoga, my sisters still go there.
Kiknskreem
Tadpole

Post by Kiknskreem »

PM sent your way... I didn't want to post my cousin's name in here.
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

good idea, if properly motivated, these Rangers can find out just about anything.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Keep this soap opera shit to the PM's, ladies.
Kiknskreem
Tadpole

Post by Kiknskreem »

What is the highest possible GT score. Using the criteria given by Harris, mine is in excess of 200. I am unsure of whether I have made some drastic mistake, or should I just love my school?
eagleswings
Embryo

Post by eagleswings »

You do not add up the scores. It is done by a mathematical formula that takes those scores into account and then weighs them appropriately. I am not sure of the formula for calculating the score though.
nmuts02
Embryo

Not important

Post by nmuts02 »

As long as they are good enough to get you your opt 40, thats all you need. GT scores aren't a fucking dick measuring contest.
Class 13Fox07-04, Ft Sill

Charlie Rock Motherfucking Hard
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Not important

Post by Steadfast »

nmuts02 wrote:As long as they are good enough to get you your opt 40, thats all you need. GT scores aren't a fucking dick measuring contest.
Now that is funnee that means kiknskreem is using his dick to think with and he was just patting himself on the back like he was some fucken genius. Yeah, I.Q. this sukr (Steadfast does like MJ and grabs his nuts). Dream on, hah genius, Oh my word! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Recruitment Process”