Week 1 of SOPC

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Skyjacked97ZJ
Embryo

Week 1 of SOPC

Post by Skyjacked97ZJ »

Well, finished up week 1 of SOPC at 2am this morning, ended the week with a smoke session from hell. Creeks and 34 degrees outside isnt fun. So far its been pretty easy, only the one bad smoking. I think I learned more about land nav in the first hour here then i did in all of OSUT, definitely some good stuff. The weird part is you can't quit SOPC anymore, if you could, we probably woulda lost 100 dudes yesterday. We got like 250 in the class. Ill keep you Rangers updated as I go along.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Just remember to never quit anything in that course and you will be doing some great things in the future!
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

That's one more baby step. Keep it up, and you'll be there before you know it.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
18Z5V
Triple Canopy

Post by 18Z5V »

don't quit....it's not worth it.
RS 12-93
SFAS 06-01
SFQC 04-01
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Never quit. Ever.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Phulano
Tadpole

Post by Phulano »

You can still refuse to train. Those who dont want to be there will not stay. Maybe you just have a good group.

When I went through we didnt have that many people quit. Not as many people are as eager to quit as you think. Dont underestimate your teammates.

Good luck and enjoy. Make sure to ask questions if youre having trouble at land nav. The TAC's are there to help you.
Skyjacked97ZJ
Embryo

Post by Skyjacked97ZJ »

Finished SOPC, was supposed to start selection on Monday, but I broke my foot, so I gotta wait until March 20th now. SOPC wasn't nearly as bad as I thought, and only had like maybe 40 guys quit. Not too bad. Now Im gonna get healthy, then go get selected.
RGR_Dan
Ranger

Post by RGR_Dan »

Get to the gym and ride the bike for cardio and keep up the push ups and situps as best you can. Self discipline is now is a must.
95-98 Aco. 3/75 2nd plt Weapons Sqd
98-01Hco 121st LRS
Former LEO
Former Contractor
LEO (round 2)
Phulano
Tadpole

Post by Phulano »

SOPC is a whole nother animal these days. Starting now its going to be a 0% attrition course where the events are completely optional and wont include much in the way of land nav from what I understand.

Its a shame... The main advantages we had as a group in the Q course were fitness, lan nav skills, and working well together as a team having been through some rough stuff together.

Hope these changes dont stick.. If they do .. X-rays are gonna be suckin at SFAS and beyond.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Phulano wrote:SOPC is a whole nother animal these days.
Listen to you...you're not even through with the Q-Course and you're using the term "These Days". Fucking Cherry.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
wellfed
Ranger

Post by wellfed »

Silverback wrote:
Phulano wrote:SOPC is a whole nother animal these days.
Listen to you...you're not even through with the Q-Course and you're using the term "These Days". Fucking Cherry.
OH OH! This sounds oddly famliar? better leave this thread! :shock:
"You're never beaten until you admit it."

RS 1-86
Skyjacked97ZJ
Embryo

Post by Skyjacked97ZJ »

Phulano wrote:SOPC is a whole nother animal these days. Starting now its going to be a 0% attrition course where the events are completely optional and wont include much in the way of land nav from what I understand.

Its a shame... The main advantages we had as a group in the Q course were fitness, lan nav skills, and working well together as a team having been through some rough stuff together.

Hope these changes dont stick.. If they do .. X-rays are gonna be suckin at SFAS and beyond.
Yeah I heard about that, none of the new guys are gonna get selected for shit. Hell they don't even do PT in AT status anymore, its optional. The only land nav they are gonna do is one buddy pe. Gay shit.

Return to “Letters from School”