What do i need to do ?

Basic & AIT
speichman32

What do i need to do ?

Post by speichman32 »

I just enlisted in the army and told my recruiter I wanted to become a Ranger. So now im in the DEP as 11x until I leave for basic training on April 8. The thing is I went on goarmy.com and looked up the ranger site to see what the requirements are. I ran for a divison 1 school in college and the fitness part wont be a problem. So i figured I have a good chance, but the one thing it didnt tell me is you have to have a asvab score of 50 and a gt of 110. I only got a 44 on my asvab. I need to know if they will let me take the asvab again after bmt or what can i do in my situation so i can achieve my goal on becoming a Ranger.

-thanks
Last edited by speichman32 on February 10th, 2004, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

What's bmt? I always thought it stood for 'basic marksmanship training'.
MPC
Tadpole

Post by MPC »

Its usually a good idea to decide what you want to do in the Army before enlisting :roll:

Normally you can retake the ASVAB a month from the date of the initial testing I believe. However I don't know if that is still possible because you're in the DEP already. Ask your recruiter if you can retake it before you ship and attempt to renogiate your contract to include Option 40.
"And then I heard the Lord say, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?' And then said I, here am I, send me." Isaiah 6:8
deleon275
Ranger

Re: What do i need to do ?

Post by deleon275 »

speichman32 wrote: I ran for a divison 1 school in college and the fitness part wont be a problem.
Regardless of how fit you are, it will ultimately come down how tough your mind is. In RIP, and especially in BAT you're going to do PT and training missions that will beat your body down to nothing and all you have is your willpower and your ranger buddy next to you to get you through.

On top of that, pt pt pt pt pt pt all you can before you go in. Get some brand new boots and go march in them 12 miles once a week with a 60lb pack so when you get to your unit you wont have to worry about bloody feet and missing toenails :P
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
edk84
Embryo

Post by edk84 »

How did you get into college and only get a 44 on the ASVAB? Take a basic math and english class and your score will shoot up.
"Move swiftly. Don't whine. Try your hardest."
- from "The Hard Way" by Mark Jenkins
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

You need do some more reading on these boards. Forget everything you know about conditioning. It don't mean shit anymore! Rgr deleon275 is totally correct.

READ MORE. After you have read more, then maybe you will understand. :evil:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

What the fuck is bmt!!?? Or did you mean BMNT? That doesn't make sense if you did. What the fuck is going on!!??

I SMELL A HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT COMIN' ON.... :twisted:
speichman32

Post by speichman32 »

Man I just asked a question for help and you guys just talk shit. Saltbitch needs to get a life and not sit at his computer all day, and think of things to say. Looks like a came to the wrong place to get help.
Harris
Tadpole

Post by Harris »

For somebody who wants to be a :twisted: RANGER :twisted: you sure show a pis poore attitude, I bet you'll break in reception.
Slip away.
(Badmuther's Bitch)
being held hostage in sandhill...
edk84
Embryo

Post by edk84 »

Spunkman32,
If you actually read any of the posts, you were given some good advice. PT a lot, and study for and take the ASVABs again so you can qualify for an option 40 contract. How is that not answering your questions?
"Move swiftly. Don't whine. Try your hardest."
- from "The Hard Way" by Mark Jenkins
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Dumbass........I see, "Welcome to McDonald's, would you like fries with that?" in your future.......

The physical part won't be a problem..........Keep telling yourself that idiot.....

Strengthen the species...remove yourself from it...... :roll:

Fucktard.

Return to “About OSUT”