Fourth of July - Who's doing what?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Spartan

Fourth of July - Who's doing what?

Post by Spartan »

I am heading back to Dutch Flat for the 4th of July.

What are the rest of you doing that's fun?
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I'll be at my In-laws house, having a very large family party. The theme for the party is Gilligans Island. We got our invitation in the mail today...it was a message in a bottle.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

Pointe du Hoc, Normandy. I hear they're pro-American in Normandy, wonder if they'll do anything.
A co 3/75 '07-'10
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I'll be starting my drive to reunion. Leaving early a.m.

have a safe 4th y'all!
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Malarkey wrote:Pointe du Hoc, Normandy. I hear they're pro-American in Normandy, wonder if they'll do anything.
I'll trade you! I'm gonna be stuck in Tejas. A couple years ago, Leatherneck visited that area...Omaha Beach, in particular. He brought me a few small stones from the beach, which I keep in a very special place. It's pretty humbling to hold a pebble in your hand from a place so rich in Ranger history. Please take pics and post them.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Silverback wrote:I'll be at my In-laws house, having a very large family party. The theme for the party is Gilligans Island. We got our invitation in the mail today...it was a message in a bottle.
Soo... I would guess you'll be going as the Skipper, right?
Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Post by Julieanne »

This year the kids and I will be participating in Kyla's annual "Drunk Ass" Party.

We will be celebrating by camping down along the banks of the Snake River in WA. Enjoying the sun, and company of all of our great friends. To include the Warrior Husbands we should credit for pulling us gals together. I'm pretty thankful that we all became so close...

This year is extra special as we are paying tribute to Damien and to this tradition that Kyla and Damien started with their friends so many years ago.
~Julie
XVIII ABN Corps, Desert Storm Jan '91-May'91
319th MI BN May '91-Sept '93

"With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

Please take pics and post them.
Will do Ranger Earthpig. We're taking the laptop, so I might be able to do it while I'm there, but who knows.

Bryan
A co 3/75 '07-'10
Willy

Post by Willy »

I am trying to get to benning for the 4th. They are doing the fireworks thing the 30th last i heard
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Headed for Benning!!! 8)
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

Visiting friends at DLI...Monterey, here I come!
chadrob30
US Army Veteran

Post by chadrob30 »

Sitting on the boat on the Arkansas River, watching the fireworks and kicking back some cold ones. :D
Basic-Ft. Benning GA A Co 2/54 INF Jan. '92
D Co 3/5 CAV Kirch Gons Germany 92-94
C Bat 1-190 FA MTNG 94-1998
HHC 1-13 AR Ft. Riley KS 1999-2001
11B, 11M, 13B, 77F
RangerWill175
Ranger

Post by RangerWill175 »

EarthPig wrote:
Malarkey wrote:Pointe du Hoc, Normandy. I hear they're pro-American in Normandy, wonder if they'll do anything.
I'll trade you! I'm gonna be stuck in Tejas. A couple years ago, Leatherneck visited that area...Omaha Beach, in particular. He brought me a few small stones from the beach, which I keep in a very special place. It's pretty humbling to hold a pebble in your hand from a place so rich in Ranger history. Please take pics and post them.
RLTW
EP
I was in Normandy a couple of years ago during Memorial Day. Had a hard time getting to some of the places we wanted to go to because the Pres was visiting. Finally made it. Very moving. I put some pics in my album in the gallery. Drank a toast at all the sites we visited.

http://gallery.armyranger.com/rangerwill175
There are a lot of nice people in the world...I'm just here to help even it up.

Co C 1/75 1/77-9/78
SWCDQC - Combat Diver
Rgr Class 1&2-78
Det 1 Co A 1/20 SFGA 81-83
Co H 122 IN (LRSU) 89-90
Co B 2/19 SFGA 90-93

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alan-willett-p-g/11/643/83" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “The Mosh Pit”