Custom boots

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
lemieux171
Soldier

Post by lemieux171 »

quick question-- im in the reserves(with intentios of going active) and havent shipped yet so im still going to my drill weekends. when they ordered my boots they told me to get a half size bigger than my shoe size, so i ordered a 12.... but i got my hand on a pair of jungles and they are 10 wides... you guys have any experiance or a little reason so im not confused and can figure out my proper size--any help would be greatly apreciated thanks
lemieux out
lemieux171
Soldier

Post by lemieux171 »

sorry i forgot to tell you that the tens fit just fine...... kind of important huh?
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

I was always partial to jungles with the ripple sole. I would have the cobbler sand the sole down as close to the leather as possible around the edge. I thought I saw where Altima sells new jungles that come with ripple soles.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

http://www.altama.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=8877

http://www.whitesboots.com/display-boot ... ot&p_id=42

The above are going to be my next set, I have a set of lace up cowboy packers and they are hands down the most comfortable boot I have owned! Don’t know if the Hunters would fly with what you are doing though.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

LN,

Green jungles are the way to go....

If you really want to customize them, take the steel shank out of them and resole them.
Nevermind, actually. I'm just going to get some plain leather CB's and soak 'em in Neat's-foot oil for about 6 weeks .
I know some folks that would do that, heck, I've done it once, but I've since been told that it actually breaks the leather down and is considered a no-no.
lemieux171
Soldier

Post by lemieux171 »

As dumb as this may sound to you ranger wm311, i have no idea what a steel shank is or how to take it out. Also how do you resole boots? Sorry if that first part sound disrespectful it wasn't my intention, can you help me please?
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

You resole boots at a local shoe repair place...usually there is one in the PX.

Jungle boots have a steel shank in them to protect against punji sticks....you have to basically tear the inside of the boot apart to remove them.....If you don't know what you are doing, either don't worry about it or have the shoe guy do it.

The boot is a little more flexible without the shank.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

punji sticks

Sloooooowly I tuuuuuuurn, steeeeeeeeeeep by steeeeeeeeeeeep,
iiiiiiiinch by iiiiiiiiinch.................
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
lemieux171
Soldier

Post by lemieux171 »

thank you for the help ranger wm311, ill have to look into that
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Holy shit Ranger Steadfast I remember that from the 3 Stooges or did they do a skit and take it from somewhere else, so what did happen to the good cartoons?
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92

Return to “Personal Gear”