Daily workout post

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

VA2, welcome to the suck.

DUG, Inter06, NWrestler good job on the P10. Nothing easy about that one. I have a feeling that all of us had a "WTF IS HAPPENING TO ME" moment when we got about ten Burpees into it. :D

...and don't get too excited about smoking my bags!

For Tuesday, let's schedule a relaxed pace 2 mile run. Keep it between 8:00 to 8:30 minute mile pace.

If you can avoid running on a treadmill do so and run outside. Real miles will make you a better, more efficient runner.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Nomad wrote:Ran the Susan G Komen foundation "Race for 2nd Base" 5k this morning over here.

23:17 for 3 miles.
Ran the 5K Pepper Run this past Sunday in Rural Retreat , Virginia in 27:45. I didn't smoked too awfully bad by middle-aged mothers in spandex. I see the need for more interval training.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

Ran two miles around my neighborhood uphill for a mile and back down for 16:45 total.
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Nomad,

It felt nice to jog this one.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Take today off and rest. The weather here looks like something out of a movie.

We'll pick this up again tomorrow.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Today's workout is going to be pretty easy for all of you to work on. Since the weather is still complete crap over here, you can do this one indoors.

Let's call this one the "Weather or Not"

You are going to do ten sets of the following exercises:

25 Push Ups

25 Four Count Flutter Kicks

25 Squats

This is not a timed event. Proper form and clean repetitions are what matters.

Have at it!
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

Completed workout. Focused primarily on push up form.
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Nomad,

I am a little late, but I completed the workout.
va2
Tadpole

Post by va2 »

Ranger Nomad,

Completed the workout yesterday.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Since we have all completed our diagnostic APFT and have found out our individual weak points, we are going to augment our WO with some high intensity resistance training.

I am planning on actually making this a daily WO plan, not an "every other day" routine. If you guys can't make it, that is fine, but please let me know.

From here on out, we will conduct the CrossFit style WO's on M,W,F and lift on Tuesday and Saturday.

This will help ensure that you guys can have a balance of strength and endurance.

So with that said, this is not going to be for the faint of heart, which I don't think anyone in this group is. Better not be at least.

Remember that this is not mandatory exercise. This is all volunteer. It is my opinion that you will all be better off if you do this. I can see the improvements in my physical ability by doing this type of schedule. I do however understand that some of you have families and jobs, which may interfere with this schedule. None of these WO's will be more than 45 minutes at a time. So if you have to get up at 0600 rather than 0700 to go to school or work....then you make the call.

Here is what the schedule will look like from here on out:

➢ Monday:
• Morning Cardio
• Afternoon Cross Fit

➢ Tuesday:
• Afternoon Resistance WO

➢ Wednesday:
• Morning Cardio
• Afternoon Cross Fit

➢ Thursday:

➢ Friday:
• Morning Cardio
• Afternoon Cross Fit

➢ Saturday:

➢ Sunday:
• OFF

Since I am going to be back in the US in a few days, I will post the WO's the night before and then we can all put up our results as needed around the same time the next day.

Holy shit that was a long fucking post! :lol:
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

So here is Saturday's WO:

Today you will complete the following exercises in sequence. This is not timed, but it should take you no more than 45 minutes. And it will smoke your bags.

Flat Bench Press: 60 x 100% of your BW. (Break it down. It took me 16 sets to complete the required reps)

Incline Machine Press: Three sets of 12 x 70% of your BW

Decline Machine Press: Three sets of 12 x 70% of your BW

Cable Flys: Three sets of 12 x 20% of your BW

Tricep Extensions: Three sets of 12 x 25% of your BW

That is all. The numbers are not randomly chosen, but come from a strict workout my TL here (who also happens to be a former Marine Recon, SF 18D and SEAL). The guy is in better shape than anyone I've ever met and has had our team on this WO for a little over a month. It works.

Get some!
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

Completed the workout. It's been a long time (years) since I've done any flat, incline, or decline bench press exercises so this was different for me. I really had to break the flat bench presses down into small sets the closer I got to 60. I think I finished somewhere in the 45 minute range.

Ranger Nomad, are you going to be posting the cardio workouts for those days or are we to do a cardio workout on our own? Thanks for making this schedule.
va2
Tadpole

Post by va2 »

Ranger Nomad,

I completed the workout in under 45 minutes, but had to sub 8 reps of bodyweight dips for the decline machine since we don't have one.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

DUG wrote: Ranger Nomad, are you going to be posting the cardio workouts for those days or are we to do a cardio workout on our own? Thanks for making this schedule.
I will also be posting the cardio schedule. Cardio will include everything from Sprints, Run, Slow Run, Bike, Stadium/Stair, Rowing Machine to Jump Rope.

This should be a lot of fun, as we'll change it up enough so that you aren't walking into the days WO going "oh man, here we go again with this...".

I'm glad you guys are enjoying this and showing good motivation. Believe me that what you put in now you'll be able to show for when the time comes. When you guys get to Benning, you should be smoking your peers on everything physical.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”