Daily workout post

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

289sotherhalf wrote:I cussed you a little about the half mile point when my knee started bitching, but it's all good...Now, if I can get my butt outta the bed tomorrow I'll be great! :lol: :lol:
I wouldn't expect any less! Good job and continue working out with us. If you think about it, you always have a day off after one of these WO's!
DUG wrote: Completed everything in the allotted time. Seems like this one hit a lot of different parts. My run time was 7:56, I'm guessing that's around the correct HR for me. These are alot better than the regular Crossfit workouts. Thanks.
7:56, huh. Guess I need to pick up the pace! Good effort, DUG.

Inter06 wrote:I came to a stop at 31:02. After the mile my time was 38:09
I am going to beat you next time DUG.
Glad to see you got off the couch and turned the TV off in favor of smoking yourself. You posted a pretty good time.

And as far as smoking DUG, you will get a chance to show everyone what you are made of this weekend.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Today is the kind of day where the rubber meets the road.

You will conduct a self-administered APFT.

The APFT consists of:

Push Ups (2 minutes)

Sit Ups (2 minutes)

2 mile timed run (Max effort)

Chin Ups (Full Arm extension = Up/Down = 1)

In the manner of our thread and as the Team Leader here, I will post my results. I owe all of you another mile. Food poisoning and running do not go together too well. I took two minutes of rest between Push Ups, Sit Ups and the run. After my mile I took five minutes for a democratic convention and executed my Chin Ups.

My scores for today's APFT:

Pushups = 84

Sit Ups = 89

1 mile run = 6:04 min

Chin Ups = 13

Let's see some scores posted in the next 24 hours.
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

Just to make sure on my part, am I right in that we're doing chin ups (palms away)? I'll post my numbers in about 3-3.5 hrs. I'm waiting on a friend to get over here to grade me.
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

DUG wrote:Ranger Nomad,

Just to make sure on my part, am I right in that we're doing chin ups (palms away)? I'll post my numbers in about 3-3.5 hrs. I'm waiting on a friend to get over here to grade me.
Chin Ups are what the Army refers to as Pull Ups. Don't ask why, because I never understood it.

Army Pull Ups (real world Chin Ups) are done from a dead hang, palms facing you.
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

Push Ups=68
Sit Ups=83
2 Mile Run=14:12
Chin Ups=15

No question that run time won't cut it. I have no excuse, just couldn't get a good stride and felt slow the whole time. If I've calculated correctly that's a score of 279 in the 17-21 age group. My age group it's a 285, although I don't grade myself in that one (I know Nwrestler, the old man group). I'm glad we did this, I know where I'm weakest in the APFT now. Ranger Nomad, what do you think of these scores? Come on with it inter06!
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Nomad,

Pushups= 72

Situps= 81

2 mile= 13:03

Chinups= 12

I am disappointed in the run time; I was trying for a 12:30.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

DUG wrote:Ranger Nomad,

Push Ups=68
Sit Ups=83
2 Mile Run=14:12
Chin Ups=15

No question that run time won't cut it. I have no excuse, just couldn't get a good stride and felt slow the whole time. If I've calculated correctly that's a score of 279 in the 17-21 age group.
DUG, your standards are a little harder. More PU and SU. Especially given the fact that you are 33 you are going to have to work your ass off to beat the younger studs you'll be side by side with.

Your PT score is decent. Your run will improve with time. A lot of people (including some members of this board) will tell you that you are going to never cut it with run times like the one you posted. Fact is that the majority of guys in 2/75 (when I was there) ran right between 12:30 and 13:00. And that is a large margin to come up in.

As the weeks go on, we will introduce a little more cardio, maybe throw some more runs and sprints and get you down into the high 12's, low 13's.

Your Push Ups will also come together. I'll make sure of it.

Inter06 wrote:Ranger Nomad,

Pushups= 72

Situps= 81

2 mile= 13:03

Chinups= 12

I am disappointed in the run time; I was trying for a 12:30.
Inter06, good job. Don't be disappointed in your run, just work a little harder next time. I am sure you realize right now that you could have pushed just "that much" harder on the last hundred or so yards and posted a 13:00 min run time, which would guarantee you the 100 point max you are looking to achieve.

You also will need to work on your Push Ups a little bit more. As with DUG, I'll make sure you guys are redefining gravity before you ship off.

NWrestler, no problem. I'll be looking for them.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Good job, NWrestler. Those are solid stats. We'll all be stepping up the running and other cardio exercises over the next month.

At any rate, DUG, Inter06 and NW, you have all done a really good job. This was a good indicator for me to see where we are as a group and what we need to work on to get you guys primed for the training and selection pipelines you will all enter in the next couple of months.

I expect you guys to remain out of trouble, focused on achieving your goals and pushing harder with each workout.

I'll be posting today's fun and games when I complete it in a couple of hours.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

And since you all busted your asses yesterday on the APFT, I am going to take it easy on you.....yeah right.

Welcome to THE PERFECT 10

1. Box Jumps
2. Crunches
3. Medicine Ball Slams
4. Push Ups
5. KB Swings (25% BW)
6. Pull Ups
7. Sit Ups
8. Hammer / Tire Drill (10L/10R)
9. Burpees
10. Sprint - 100 yards

25 reps each exercise. Only sprint one time at the very end. I don't want to hear anyone telling me they ran 25 one hundred yard sprints. No breaks. Timed event.

My time for the Perfect 10:

11:06 mins

POST EM!
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Nomad,

A time of 12:58 on the Perfect Ten. I thought I had you beat until I got to the Burpees.
va2
Tadpole

Post by va2 »

Ranger Nomad: I apologize if this is a members-only thread.

14:12 with the following subs: 55 pound sumo-deadlift high pull for ball slams and 35 pound dumb-bell power snatches for hammer and tire work. In hindsight, maybe not the best subs.
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

My time was 12:42. I'm with inter06, I thought I had you beat until the burpees. Ranger Nomad, do you have a standard warm up/stretch routine for these workouts, or do whatever works for that day?

Return to “About Army Physical Training”