General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RTO
BANNED

Re: sweet tea

Post by RTO »

Steadfast wrote:
RTO wrote:
Steadfast wrote:sweet tea: So are there variations of making it and still close to its original composition?

How is it different than unsweet tea?

It has sugar in it! :roll:

But syrupy content is what; half a cup of sugar and half a cup of tea?

Yup, that sounds about right. Have you ever seen the teeth of someone that drinks that stuff?

Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

when I was living in Italy we were only about 40(?) kilometers from the mountain town of Asiago - famous for it's cheese. Friends of ours were home in the states on leave eating with the family at some nice restaurant. The waitress came and began describing the special saying it has Asiago cheese in it. Christy (our friend) says, "Cool, I live near Asiago!" The waitess replies in a very snooty tone, "Asiago is in ITALY!" To which Chrisy said, "I know, I LIVE in Italy!" Needless to say the waitress got a small tip!
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Hot Dog vendors are the filtiest vendors going. What do they charge for Hot Dogs in your neighborhood. $1, $1.50, $2.00, more :shock:

Generic cola, soda $1, $1.50 Coke name brand $2.00 & up.

Hot pretzels $2.50

Hot Sausage $4.00 - free hot onions - saurkrat - mustard - ketchup - heartburn

fuck the vendors, gimme slices from a pot roast with potato's & cabbage from Klarney Rose or Blarney Stone with a draft of course. It is cheaper than a vendor, healtier and friendlier.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

No hot dogs in my neighborhood...three fried chicken places in the same block!

Church's, KFC, and Popeyes...all been there about 10 years or more!
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Heathen to Dennys waitress on Victory Drive at 4:am

"How about a table dance then?"

She wasn't amused.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Kilted Heathen wrote:Heathen to Dennys waitress on Victory Drive at 4:am

"How about a table dance then?"

She wasn't amused.
Look bitch, if I don't see how well you dance on my table I am damn well not going to have you rub that fat ass in my lap. And how is it going to be when I whisper the shit I do in your ear to make you cry when you're doing it... On with it fat ass, on with it. Or off with it as the case may be.

VAK to the same waitress :wink:
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Steadfast wrote:Sitting in a Catonese Restuarant in Chinatown in NYC with the in-laws made me wish to not be here. My wife's family liked their food mild and I like my food jazzed up or spicy. One thing I hate is chow mein. Seeing that makes me wanna puke. In Japan (on R&R) we were forewarned by military not to eat Japanese food as it invaribably had dog, cat, possibly even rat in it. In Vietnam it was even worse because as every G.I. knew the only dogs ( I neva saw a cat in RVN except tigers) in country were on military bases. I like Manchurin, Mandarin or Hunan spicy. So after scanning the menu for like 4 times, rice was the only thing appealing to me. Fuck it I said and grabbed a Chinese waiter, sez I, Let me have a Singapore Chow mei fun, can you make it? The waiter repeats after me like he never heard it before. Singapore Chow mei fun. Yes we make it for you. Man I had the biggest shit eating grin on my face naming a spicy food and he said mild or hot - naturally I said hot, hot as you got, spicy as you got. My wifes family looked at me like I was suicidile(sp?). I ate the food enjoying every bite. I offered to all but no one accepted. :lol:

I'm coming down & you're taking me to Chinatown Brother!
If you're eyes ain't watering when the chow's a foot from your face - it ain't hot enough.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
VLuplow
Sister

Re: sweet tea

Post by VLuplow »

Steadfast wrote:sweet tea: So are there variations of making it and still close to its original composition? How is it different than unsweet tea?
Ranger Steadfast, sorry about the delay in getting the answer back to you. This is how my Grandmother in Albany GA, makes her sweet tea. 5-6 Lipton teabags are put into pot of water and boiled. A full cup of sugar is put in the pitcher. She lets the tea steep for a few minutes and then pours it in the pitcher, stirring the tea (which is still hot) and sugar together until the sugar is dissolved. Then she adds ice cold water to the pitcher. She sometimes puts the tea in a icetray and freezes it, so that when it is added to your glass it doesn't make the tea watery.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, remains and is immortal." ~Mason Albert Pike

Return to “The Mosh Pit”