Need help with a couple of CCW ??

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Re: Need help with a couple of CCW ??

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

RangerWill175 wrote: Pastor,
That sounds like a hell of a good deal. You still about 25 miles west of Houston? I'm only about 11 hours away. I've been looking for a good excuse to get out for one of your shoots. Let me know when you are having another get together. Gas is cheap and if you can keep me from under the boat it should be safe :wink: Thanks bro..
Memorial Day is the big event however, every damned weekend is a shoot. Call it bro, Ill put in on just for you. 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

RangerWill175 wrote: if you can keep me from under the boat it should be safe
.....You need to put that scuba bubble to good use every now and then. :D
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
RangerWill175
Ranger

Post by RangerWill175 »

Rock Island Ranger wrote: Memorial Day is the big event however, every damned weekend is a shoot. Call it bro, Ill put in on just for you. 8)
Ok. I'm up for it. I'm in Tallahassee anybody want to go to Texas? Other than being bored shitless at work, I don't have anything planned until the August get together. Memorial Day is May 25th, I guess I can wait but it sure would be nice to break that .40 sub in before then :wink: If a semi-gathering comes up before then let me know. I'll be thinking what I can bring. I'm guessing you have at least one of each. Garand, M1 carbine, K31, Mausers, Enfield...I'll come up with something. Good thing about a FL CCW...it's good all the way to Texas.

Flesh Thorn wrote:....You need to put that scuba bubble to good use every now and then. :D
It doesn't matter how deep I've been or how many caves I've dove or how many diving certs I have...I fall off of 1 rubber boat and damn near drown 6 inches from the shore and that's what I have to remember :oops:
There are a lot of nice people in the world...I'm just here to help even it up.

Co C 1/75 1/77-9/78
SWCDQC - Combat Diver
Rgr Class 1&2-78
Det 1 Co A 1/20 SFGA 81-83
Co H 122 IN (LRSU) 89-90
Co B 2/19 SFGA 90-93

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alan-willett-p-g/11/643/83" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

RangerWill175 wrote:
Rock Island Ranger wrote: Memorial Day is the big event however, every damned weekend is a shoot. Call it bro, Ill put in on just for you. 8)
Ok. I'm up for it. I'm in Tallahassee anybody want to go to Texas? Other than being bored shitless at work, I don't have anything planned until the August get together. Memorial Day is May 25th, I guess I can wait but it sure would be nice to break that .40 sub in before then :wink: If a semi-gathering comes up before then let me know. I'll be thinking what I can bring. I'm guessing you have at least one of each. Garand, M1 carbine, K31, Mausers, Enfield...I'll come up with something. Good thing about a FL CCW...it's good all the way to Texas.

Flesh Thorn wrote:....You need to put that scuba bubble to good use every now and then. :D
It doesn't matter how deep I've been or how many caves I've dove or how many diving certs I have...I fall off of 1 rubber boat and damn near drown 6 inches from the shore and that's what I have to remember :oops:
If you're talking about memorial day...I'm gonna try to fly in...and If I do, we might have room for one more...If I'm driving, shit, I'll be running right past you...we could pick you up...I'll let you know when it gets closer....
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I picked up a Kahr .45 cw instead. Polymer frame about $450. Haven't had a chance to test drive it yet but I like the weight and feel. 6+1 not the best capacity but with 230 gr Hydroshocks I only have to connect with one. Now if I can get about 200 rounds through it and a tune up. Anyone know a good tuner...anyone...Cams...anyone?? :?
Guess I'll keep looking for that XD .40 :)

Thanks all for the input.
Good, I know you'll like it, decent price as well, glad to hear it.

Yes, they are only 6+1, but that also makes it more concealable with a t-shirt or thin shirt in the summer.
Couple/few extra mags in your pocket and you're GTG.

I keep hearing about these XD's but never held/fired one, what's the deal? Looks like another Glock knock-off.

As far as tuning Bro, I'm looking for help myself, the KAHR factory is 45 minutes from my house, and still they won't let me drop it off there for work. Have to go thru the mail, pay for this and that etc,etc.

I'm going to order some parts and do what I can from my end, but it needs some new "color", and I believe since it's flat black it has to go back to the factory.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RangerWill175
Ranger

Post by RangerWill175 »

Oto-Man wrote: If you're talking about memorial day...I'm gonna try to fly in...and If I do, we might have room for one more...If I'm driving, shit, I'll be running right past you...we could pick you up...I'll let you know when it gets closer....
Oto-Man...Thanks for the invite. Keep me informed. Give me a call if you get this far north. The first couple are on me. I have some friends in the Tampa area...I think I may try to take the bike and head down that way if we can get a weekend with more than 1 or 2 good days of weather. You up for a brew or two??
cams wrote:

Couple/few extra mags in your pocket and you're GTG.

I keep hearing about these XD's but never held/fired one, what's the deal? Looks like another Glock knock-off.

As far as tuning Bro, I'm looking for help myself, the KAHR factory is 45 minutes from my house, and still they won't let me drop it off there for work. Have to go thru the mail, pay for this and that etc,etc.
Cams,
I haven't started digging around yet...do you know of a good source to pick up some mags? The paper work that came with the gun has them for $44 :shock: WTF...for a 6 rd mag?

I don't know about the .40 cw but the trigger on my .45 needs some work. The action is rough and the trigger needs to be rounded. I'll probably wait until I put about 200 rds through it to see what shakes out.

I can't believe they won't let you drop the gun off at the factory. I guess the company is larger than I thought. Maybe you can get someone in the right department on the phone and they might know of a good factory tuner who does a little work out of his garage.

Co C 1/75 1/77-9/78
SWCDQC - Combat Diver
Rgr Class 1&2-78
Co H 122 IN (LRSU) 89-90
Co B 2/19 SFGA 90-93

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alan-willett-p-g/11/643/83" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Will175,
Always up for a beer. If you get down this way we can have a few. Like I said with the Ranch trip, I will be going, It's just a matter of drive, fly commercial or fly a cessna in. If not Southwest, Either of the other ways I can pick you up (unless you have a problem with small planes...) I'd need to stop near Tally anyway for gas...If I have junior with me, long gun, couple pistols and a small duffle is about all the extra weight we can handle...if he's not gonna make it, we can load up!!!! If I'm not driving, I'll be shipping my ammo to the Ranch (I only owe Andy about 1000 rds of .40 :wink: )...

I'll let you know when it get's a little closer...

oto-out
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
45calgal
Ranger Wife

Post by 45calgal »

RangerWill175 wrote:
45calgal wrote:
RangerWill175 wrote: Guess I'll keep looking for that XD .40 :)
quote]

45calgal,
I haven't shot the XD .40 sub yet, but I like my XD .45 compact (just a bit large and heavy). I'm sure the .40 sub might feel a little short in my hand but I believe it would be worth getting used to.
I am sure you will love it. It is a great conceal carry. It is a great little gun and will get the job done regardless. If you already have the .45 then you are already use to the trigger pull etc. I will always keep my XD's. I just bought my dad the XD40 for Christmas. What type of holster do you use? I am a big fan of the FBI Paddle holster. I recently had a custom made holster for inside the pants but Blackhawk and Galco make some that work.
You guys have it easy. Us females with hips can't conceal quite as easy.
45calgal
Ranger Wife

Post by 45calgal »

Oto-Man wrote: 45calgal, if the trigger pinch bothers you, try a mechanics glove...Ford told me it worked for him :wink: .
Thanks. The likelihood that I will be wearing gloves if and when something went down is pretty slim so I do not want to practice using them. It is just annoying at times, nothing I can't handle.

Did anyone make it to the Shot Show in Orlando this year? I missed it.
RangerWill175
Ranger

Post by RangerWill175 »

45calgal wrote: I am sure you will love it. It is a great conceal carry. It is a great little gun and will get the job done regardless. If you already have the .45 then you are already use to the trigger pull etc. I will always keep my XD's. I just bought my dad the XD40 for Christmas. What type of holster do you use? I am a big fan of the FBI Paddle holster. I recently had a custom made holster for inside the pants but Blackhawk and Galco make some that work.
You guys have it easy. Us females with hips can't conceal quite as easy.
Hey 45calgal,
For my XD .45 I use a "Full-Coverage" version of the Minotaur MTAC Holster (IWB)

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This thing is very well made and adjustable to allow for different cants.
The kydex is interchangeable so I can use it with other guns. I'm going to see if they can get me something for the Kahr .45.

Co C 1/75 1/77-9/78
SWCDQC - Combat Diver
Rgr Class 1&2-78
Co H 122 IN (LRSU) 89-90
Co B 2/19 SFGA 90-93

45calgal
Ranger Wife

Post by 45calgal »

Update? Did you ever find you sub .40? I have been away for a minute but I am back!

Return to “Weapons of War”