Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

steezy one wrote:Rangers,

Update: I had been throwing around the idea of 13F for a while and I made a last minute decision(by myself, not pressured into it) to go for 13F over 97E.

Due to the financial situation I'm in and the fact that the college semester already started and it's too late for me to enroll, I decided that it would be a bad idea to wait for those credits. I know in the long run they would have served me well, but right now this is my only option.

I enlisted on Tuesday as a 13F with airborne. It looks like I'm just going to be busting my ass(not that I wouldn't already be) and pushing as hard as I can for a spot in RIP.

BCT starts September 28th in Fort Sill.
:shock: :shock: Well, I must say that's taking the bull by the horns. Congratulations on your endeavor to serve this great country of ours.

Without an option 40 your RIP fantasy might be a wet dream. That being said, if you get to Airborne school and some bad ass dude with tan beret is asking for volunteers, run people over to get there.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Post by RTO »

Thanks for stepping up to the plate and enlisting to serve our great country. I appreciate it.

It is a most difficult journey to become a Ranger under the best of circumstances (option40)

The route you have chosen may well prove more difficult than that.
fatart
Ranger

Walk on

Post by fatart »

Make you way over to the liasion's office at the patches building and volunteer...didn't work for me. but what I did was I hopped a cab at Benning, told the driver to take me to the Ranger barracks, walked in and told the commandant (won't mention his name but he just competed at Best Ranger [CSM] with his son) I wanted to volunteer for Ranger training, had orders going to 4th ID Ft Corson, CO. He asked for a copy of my orders, told me to find a rack, and squared me the fuck away the next day. Bottom line is if you want it bad enough you'll make it happen!
2/75th '91-'99
RS 5-93

"Cookie...?"
steezy one
Embryo

Post by steezy one »

Rangers,

Thank you for your support. I certainly do understand that this route is going to be much more difficult than walking in with an Option 40.

Ranger fatart,

Thank you for your inspiring story. While I understand that this isn't the norm, it is still good to hear and gives me hope.
Bottom line is if you want it bad enough you'll make it happen!
I have a feeling this is going to be my motto for the next few years. :D
fatart
Ranger

Read

Post by fatart »

Steezy, go read the post I wrote on evan 2213's intro, could have told you the same stuff, but I really don't like typing! Good luck!!!!
2/75th '91-'99
RS 5-93

"Cookie...?"
steezy one
Embryo

Post by steezy one »

Veteran ProudAFDad,

First off, I apologize if "Veteran" is not the proper title to address you. I couldn't find anything in the FAQs regarding speaking to veterans.

Thank you for your encouraging post. I will definitely post updates whenever I have the chance to. I think that if I make it "the hard way," I will feel more personal accomplishment. That's not to say that an Option 40 contract is easy, but you know what I mean. :wink:

Ranger fatart,

I read the post, thank you for your information.
steezy one
Embryo

Post by steezy one »

UPDATE:

Graduaded BCT November 30th, started 13F AIT December 03. It looks like I've secured an airborne spot pending my airborne physical.

I'm sad to say BCT felt like a joke, I was expecting it to be much harder. Looking forward to the challenge of RIP.

Thank you all for your encouragement.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Kilted Heathen wrote:We have to figure a way to dummy cord a shut the fuck up.

This fuckwit keeps dropping his...
thanks Heathen, I really needed a laugh tonight...
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “Introduction Archive”