Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Jamel wrote:I just posted my intro a few minutes ago.

Ok ....

look at the intro section.....

do you see where everyone has started there own intro thread ?

start your own
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

rgrpuck wrote:

Ok ....

look at the intro section.....

do you see where everyone has started there own intro thread ?

start your own
What he said. To take it a step further, don't post again until you have read all the FAQs and stickies. We will know if you have by the manner of your post.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome Eagle601.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome!

RLTW
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

so I don't think it'll take too long to get the weight off and get my times down to a good level.
What's your definition of a "good level"?

And welcome.
CHCB
Ranger

Post by CHCB »

Eagle 601, congratulations on your aspiration.

If you intend to carry out your plan, I suggest you get well under your current weight, as well as the minimum body fat percentage required by the Army, beforehand.

If you are successful in that, you will not only will be better prepared physically for the challenges before you, but you'll have developed some necessary self-discipline, as well.

I'd wish you good luck, but hard work is more productive.
2nd PLT A co 1/75 78-80
Ranger Class 502-79
Eagle601
Egg

Post by Eagle601 »

Invictus wrote:
so I don't think it'll take too long to get the weight off and get my times down to a good level.
What's your definition of a "good level"?

And welcome.
Ranger Invictus:

I'm told two miles in between 13 and 14 minutes is a good time for a Ranger candidate. Currently I'm at about 17-18 minutes.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

I'm told two miles in between 13 and 14 minutes is a good time for a Ranger candidate. Currently I'm at about 17-18 minutes.
1). What's the standard needed just to pass?

2). Who's your source?
Eagle601
Egg

Post by Eagle601 »

Invictus wrote:

2). Who's your source?
The standard is two miles in 15:16, but I've seen somewhere, I can't recall the exact site, that a time of 13-14 minutes is good to be "safe". I can't vouch for the accuracy of that though.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Eagle601 wrote:
Invictus wrote:

2). Who's your source?
The standard is two miles in 15:16, but I've seen somewhere, I can't recall the exact site, that a time of 13-14 minutes is good to be "safe". I can't vouch for the accuracy of that though.

Bud 14 minutes will get you in the door ......but it aint gona let you stay
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Do a search for "PT Standards" in the RIP forum.

My point on asking your source is simply to be cautious what/who you're using to define your standards.

Heed the SGM's point. My advice would be to set your standards a bit higher. 100 points for your age bracket on the PT test is always a good place to start.
CHCB
Ranger

Post by CHCB »

rgrpuck wrote:

Bud 14 minutes will get you in the door ......but it aint gona let you stay
Good one, SGM.
2nd PLT A co 1/75 78-80
Ranger Class 502-79
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Now you can move along to the shut the fuck up line.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
Now you can move along to the shut the fuck up line.

who the fuck are you ???..

You need to go post an intro in the proper section.....
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

Eagle 601,
Running will not help much with your weight, it actually makes you softer, nevertheless running will be the biggest speed bump you will encounter in the Regt. since you will be doing it everyday. To improve your body fat % I would suggest lifting weights to increase you muscle mass. This is coming from a guy who failed the height weight standards since day 1. 5'11 210 was my weight, but because I lifted I always passed the tape test. When I got to RIP the instructor took us on a 11:30 2-mile, and I was a friggin Road Guard.

Don't worry about RIP, or the standards, like these guys said, your image and and your motivation will be the most evaluated aspect when you get to Battalion. When you get to Batt. you will be at a constant risk of bieng booted. And If you can't hang, believe me, you'll have a paper trail a mile long.

Here is the best training advice I can give you, if you follow it you WILL make it, or you would in my squad anyways.

Weights
-find youself a good partner and lift every body part once a week and do 4 sets for 12 repatitions. *This will prove to be hard at first, but stick with it, humble yourself with really light weight if thats what it takes!
Cardio
-The little ski/eliptical machine that every gym has is an awesome tool. No don't be like some chick and read a magazine while you do it. Find some good tunes, put the machine on the cardio setting and keep your heart rate above 165 for 45 min to an hour. Do this everyday after you lift. You will burn fat.
-Most importantly, run. Run for time not distance or speed. Start at 30 min. or so. Then work up to 40,60 etc. Once you can easily run for an hour start timeing how fast your min. splits are.
PT test.
The PT test is bullshit way of evaluating your shape, but if you want to be taken seriously in the Army and Ranger Regt. you want to stand out. I have never scored below a 300 in the Army, doesn't mean I am a stud, but it looks good on your evaluations.
-Pick a 2mile coarse close to your home. Down and back, coarse, or whatever. Run it at least twice a week, memorize your splits at certain landmarks, (fire hydrant, stop light etc.) test what it feels like to kick it hard at certain points. eventually it will be fun and a competition against youself. Don't even think about 13's or 14's. An average pvt should be running around 12:30.
Push up's and Sit up's- Do about 100 push ups before you go to bed, even if it takes 5 min, do not leave the front leaning rest position. Sit ups- just do them.

I was on Regiments Best Ranger Team, (the year it got cancelled), I was on 1/75's 10 mile team, I set the PT record in PLDC with a score of 402, and got an Arcom from the Regt SGM for the highest PT score in the Battalion during EIB. Yes this would be considered bragging, but I just wanted to let you know the advice I gave you will work.

It doesn't take a natural stud to be a good Ranger, I was never the greatest at anything, only good at a lot of things, and that is what it will take to be a Ranger. If you want to be better then the average, you have to work harder than the average.

Good Luck! and Welcome.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00
Getting hosed down by the local Police.

"I use to be in charge of million dollar equipment, now I can't get a job at the car wash!"

Return to “Introduction Archive”