Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

Welcome Ranger.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
Mom in Texas
Tadpole

Post by Mom in Texas »

Welcome Ranger LRP41! Thank you for your service.
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. - Colin Powell
kellisully

Post by kellisully »

~Welcome~ Thank you for your service!
LRP41
LRRP/Ranger

I was annointed "LRP 41" as the Team R.T.O Sept.

Post by LRP41 »

LRP1 wrote:Welcome LRP41 !! :) BTW, I like your call sign. I,ll take a Guiness :D
Airborne.... ! LRP 1... ! This is "Long Range Patrol 41".... over... // Some aloft bird-dog pilots called us (me) "Ranger 41" too. First I was "LRRP 41"... then the MACV Generals got tired of just our human intelligence.... but Westmoreland wanted to have some "Head-Counts"... NO MORE RECONs........ Then it was OK to "Harrass and Interdict" enemy supply routes, (trails and rivers).. What a ride that was....! I was selected by the Ranger team leader of the 4th platoon and 1st squad team members. THEY were already good to Go.... They looked at me as "Their Replacement RTO" from the 82nd Airborne Signal Battlion... How did you get the "LRP #1 " callsign...? Are you a General... My Commander was "Ranger 6".... or "LRP 6"....... but NO "LRP1"..!
I wanted to go to Recondo school, too... but they sent me to "The Field"....
I was 1968 RA and wanted to be a Green Beret... So they sent me to the 82nd Airborne. So I re-upped for Rangers and they sent me to the activated 151st Indiana Airborne Rangers (LRRPs) in Vietnam. I didn't know it.... but crazier things were about to happen to me... "Watch what you ask for in the Special Ops world"... Attached is a picture of me recently cruising along the "Purple Heart Hyway"... This is ... "LRP 41".... over.... and .... OUT ! //
The road to Americas freedom is paved with Purple Hearts

Co. A 82nd Airborne Div. Signal Battalion 1969
Co. D 151st (LRRP) and 75th Abn. Rangers 1969
II Field Forces Special Liaison MACVTHAI 1970
1st Army NCO Academy Drill Sergeant 1970-72
Memberships in the Special Forces Association
and the Military Order of the Purple Heart
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Welcome aboard. See if you can drag a few more of your D/151 Brothers on over here too!
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome LRP 41, grab a beer, take a seat and enjoy!!
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Welcome, Ranger.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
LRP1
Ranger Hall of Fame

Re: I was annointed "LRP 41" as the Team R.T.O Se

Post by LRP1 »

LRP41 wrote:
LRP1 wrote:Welcome LRP41 !! :) BTW, I like your call sign. I,ll take a Guiness :D
Airborne.... ! LRP 1... ! This is "Long Range Patrol 41".... over... // Some aloft bird-dog pilots called us (me) "Ranger 41" too. First I was "LRRP 41"... then the MACV Generals got tired of just our human intelligence.... but Westmoreland wanted to have some "Head-Counts"... NO MORE RECONs........ Then it was OK to "Harrass and Interdict" enemy supply routes, (trails and rivers).. What a ride that was....! I was selected by the Ranger team leader of the 4th platoon and 1st squad team members. THEY were already good to Go.... They looked at me as "Their Replacement RTO" from the 82nd Airborne Signal Battlion... How did you get the "LRP #1 " callsign...? Are you a General... My Commander was "Ranger 6".... or "LRP 6"....... but NO "LRP1"..!
I wanted to go to Recondo school, too... but they sent me to "The Field"....
I was 1968 RA and wanted to be a Green Beret... So they sent me to the 82nd Airborne. So I re-upped for Rangers and they sent me to the activated 151st Indiana Airborne Rangers (LRRPs) in Vietnam. I didn't know it.... but crazier things were about to happen to me... "Watch what you ask for in the Special Ops world"... Attached is a picture of me recently cruising along the "Purple Heart Hyway"... This is ... "LRP 41".... over.... and .... OUT ! //

No , just a lowley SSG. My "call sign" came from the fact I was an original LRP of E Co. 20th INF (ABN) in 67 - before the alphabet co's went to the 75th INF. I helped teach at MACV RS - the first four LRP platoons of E Co. My platoon was OPCON to SF SMT at Nah Trang - LRP1 was my cs there.
HHC 2/502 Recondo 66 -67 RVN
1FFV Echo LRP 20th INF (ABN) 67 - 68
Team 1 1
Satan's Playboys
From Hell We Rise
B Co Omega Recon CCS RT Hammer
75Th RRA Life Member 2189
Special Operations Association Member 2907-GA
Secretary, Worldwide Army Rangers, Inc

Professional Soldiers Are Predictable; The World Is full Of Dangerous Amateurs.
LRP1
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by LRP1 »

LRP41

When were you at Chu Chi? Was Pedro still there? Good friend of mine who was also at MACV with me. :)
HHC 2/502 Recondo 66 -67 RVN
1FFV Echo LRP 20th INF (ABN) 67 - 68
Team 1 1
Satan's Playboys
From Hell We Rise
B Co Omega Recon CCS RT Hammer
75Th RRA Life Member 2189
Special Operations Association Member 2907-GA
Secretary, Worldwide Army Rangers, Inc

Professional Soldiers Are Predictable; The World Is full Of Dangerous Amateurs.
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Welcome
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Bell

Post by Bell »

Did you know a fella named Rocky, sniper type, in the 151 nasty guard unit?

RLTW
Bell
CGoog

Post by CGoog »

Welcome
LRP41
LRRP/Ranger

Was Rocky a skinny blonde guy with a flop-hat and an M-60 ?

Post by LRP41 »

Bell wrote:Did you know a fella named Rocky, sniper type, in the 151 nasty guard unit? RLTW
Bell

Seems like "LRP41" might remember ? Maybe, a skinny Blonde guy with a flop-hat and an M-60.... wore some big leather gloves / an extra barrel to piss on, when cooking... Maybe he went to sniper school.. but probably prefered the "Weed-Whacker" ..! Maybe I'm wrong... but you pulled a needle from a forgotten haystack...in my mind...

Then maybe..? Rocky could have been "A Big Guy" something like name PFC Barber or Barbee... I went to Vietnam with him from the 82nd Aiirborne Signal Battalion..... he carried the M-60 for sure....... in D 151st and D 75th ..? Never seen him again after they deactivated.....

Hey....? if I could remember everything... I'd be rich .. like you...!

So you guys on here call them.. "The Nasty Guard"..? OUCH.. OUCH..!

Now remember...?
I used to "push troops"... too. Right into Charlie's Sights"...
I told the BCT recruits at Ft. Knox that, too.

F.W.I. There were 14 Reserve and National (Nasty) Guard Units deployed to Vietnam... I can promise you that we (I) trained them all the same.. Officers and Privates......U.S. and R.A. I produced NO NASTY TROOPS...! I kicked their asses out of the U.S. Army with just my signature, happly.

Where would America be today without those same 14 Reserve and National Guard Units and all the rest of them...? Indiana's 151st LRSD has been a formatable combat force, ever since, Vietnam. All the airborne military likes parachute training on their Camp Atterbury, Indiana.

The dropzones are named after "Fallen Heroes" comrades of mine.

Drop in some time ... check it out.... get some "Hoosier Hospitality".
The road to Americas freedom is paved with Purple Hearts

Co. A 82nd Airborne Div. Signal Battalion 1969
Co. D 151st (LRRP) and 75th Abn. Rangers 1969
II Field Forces Special Liaison MACVTHAI 1970
1st Army NCO Academy Drill Sergeant 1970-72
Memberships in the Special Forces Association
and the Military Order of the Purple Heart

Return to “Introduction Archive”