waitress: Sorry, nope we don't have that on our menu

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Buddy12
Embryo

Post by Buddy12 »

I HATE SWEET N' LOWS SWEETENER!!!!!!! THE ONLY THING THEY GIVE YOU AT THE MESS HALL IS A LITTLE TEA PACKET SOME WATER AND SOME DAMN SWEET N' LOW!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
I do not fear failure, I fear the slowing of the engine in me saying, don't quit someones on top, why not you.
-General George S. Patton
SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

Back on topic....I've never had the kitchen make anything. But went on a date (actually now that I think about it...he was a Ranger) one time and we went to a restaurant specifically because he had a hankerin' for ONE item on their menu. Well...we get to the restaurant and the menu had changed...item not there!

I had to convince him for a few minutes to ask the waiter if the kitchen could make the dish! They did...crisis averted...he was happy...date went on.
Cat
Tadpole

Post by Cat »

Regional differences seem to be the biggest problems when ordering and not finding what you want on the menu.

I took some family members to a historic BBQ place in downtown Raleigh last summer. It still has two doors from the days of segregation. It’s an institution around here and I wanted my out of town family to see it.

Around here when you say BBQ, that means one thing. Pulled pork with a vinegar based sauce. Many places have only BBQ on their menus and the sign out front states BBQ in big letters. We all know what that means.

My Aunt however did not. She looked at the menu, didn't see what she wanted and asked the waitress for a beef BBQ sandwich… The waitress was speechless; she got the ‘eyebrow raise’ indeed.

I had to explain that BBQ = pork around here. Which didn't sit well for them

…they are from Texas :lol:
Last edited by Cat on August 26th, 2005, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U.S. Army Signal Corps, 31M7A/31S
385th SigCo (FWD) Kuwait Jan 94- Dec 94
235th(67th) TACSAT Ft Gordon, GA. 95-97
--
Mainz-Kastel, Germany 98-00, AD Dept
Ft Bragg 00-02, AD Dept
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Went to McDonalds somewhere here in Texas and got one of those Salads.
I asked the young man for Blue Cheese....he came back after looking everywhere and in his hand he has a slice of Yellow Cheese....said this is all the colors we have....I busted out laughing and said..."Brother, you KEEP this job cause you NEED this job, dont ever leave."
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Abell9 wrote:Went to McDonalds somewhere here in Texas and got one of those Salads.
I asked the young man for Blue Cheese....he came back after looking everywhere and in his hand he has a slice of Yellow Cheese....said this is all the colors we have....I busted out laughing and said..."Brother, you KEEP this job cause you NEED this job, dont ever leave."
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
It's all good.
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

"Brother, you KEEP this job cause you NEED this job, dont ever leave."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
Warriorwife
DSOTYR - Ranger Wife

Post by Warriorwife »

Abell9 wrote:Went to McDonalds somewhere here in Texas and got one of those Salads.
Wonder what you would have got if ya asked for ROQUEFORT CHEESE! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jsmurphy
Tadpole

Post by jsmurphy »

Nija wrote:Reminds me of the time I was in L.A. for some kind of corporate training. First day there, while we were out to lunch I asked the waitress for some sweet tee.
She looks up and says pardon me. Again I say ‘may I have some sweet tee’ she is all pissed off and leaves. The others are dying laughing at me. I can not figure what in the hell is so funny. One of them states that out here you only ask for Tea. There is no such thing as sweet tea.
Put a hint of a southern drawl in the statement and you get
May I have some sweetie? :twisted:
Shit, Ranger Nija, you can't even get a glass of regular tea out here anymore. It's all that flavored, fruity, flowery tasting faggotty crap.
11B20 leg grunt. OSUT Benning '80. B 2/13 FRG '81-'83. B 1/58 Benning '83-'84.

Fuck the UN
medicchick
DSOTYR - Ranger Wife

Post by medicchick »

SmileyTFJ wrote:
BigSis61502 wrote:And if ya actually request unsweet...you get the one eyebrow raise :lol:
I got sooooo friggin' tired of that dumbass look....no I want Tea. If I wanted to drink sugar water I would go find a humming bird feeder somewhere!
I knew I like you. :lol: They lied to me all the time when I asked for unsweetned tea.

The first meal after I moved to Columbus was a waffle house (3am). I wanted pancakes, and the nice mom behind the counter took pity on me and made them. She asked how long I'd been in the South, since I'm obviously from Michigan (twang), and I had to look at my watch to tell the hours.
Someone needs to teach the regular Army how to make a packing list.

Supporting my DAV, one day at a time.
VLuplow
Sister

Post by VLuplow »

Mason wrote:Unsweet Tea? Never heard of it, God Bless the South :D :D
The first time I had unsweetened tea, that I remember was when the family moved from Albany, GA to Ft Monmouth NJ. After that, unless I am in the south I don't even bother..it's Coke for me.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, remains and is immortal." ~Mason Albert Pike
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

sweet tea

Post by Steadfast »

sweet tea: So are there variations of making it and still close to its original composition?

How is it different than unsweet tea?

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
RTO
BANNED

Re: sweet tea

Post by RTO »

Steadfast wrote:sweet tea: So are there variations of making it and still close to its original composition?

It has sugar in it! :roll:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: sweet tea

Post by Steadfast »

RTO wrote:
Steadfast wrote:sweet tea: So are there variations of making it and still close to its original composition?

It has sugar in it! :roll:

But syrupy content is what; half a cup of sugar and half a cup of tea?

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “The Mosh Pit”