Fourth of July - Who's doing what?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Kwith
Tadpole

Post by Kwith »

I'm going to check out the Live 8 concert here in Philly on July 2nd. There is going to be tons of famous people and performers. The mayor here is saying that all the people won't be able to fit in the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Over a million people are estimated to show up. Will Smith grew up in the same neighborhood as me and he will be back here hosting the show and Maroon 5, P Diddy, Stevie Wonder, Jay-Z, The Dave Matthews Band, Sarah McLachlan, Rob Thomas, Keith Urban, Kaiser Chiefs, Linkin Park, Destiny's Child, Chris Tucker, the Black Eyed Peas, and several others will be here all day.

Then on the fourth it's always been a tradition to cook out all day and then go over to Penn's Landing and watch the fireworks over the Delaware River.

Then later that night I'm going to be lighting off my stash of fireworks, m80s, quartersticks, etc. :twisted:
Willy

Post by Willy »

I have to go home more often. Shit I have been living in the south so long. I have forgotten the good times in Philly. Born and raised in Pa. Levittown Pa was my old party HQ
AmyDoll

Post by AmyDoll »

Well Ben and I wanted to try and have me fly up to Drum but the tixs were like $600 round trip so he is bringing his new puppy (appropriatley named Ranger) and heading to D-town for R and R. Happy 4th everyone have fun and be safe :D
Daisey

Post by Daisey »

AmyDoll wrote:Well Ben and I wanted to try and have me fly up to Drum but the tixs were like $600 round trip so he is bringing his new puppy (appropriatley named Ranger) and heading to D-town for R and R. Happy 4th everyone have fun and be safe :D
We will be baseballing all weekend with our boys! I'm sure we'll find some time to throw some BBQ and cold bere in there somewhere. We currently have a burn ban in our county, so I'm not sure about being able to do fireworks and the kiddos are not very happy about that at ALL!!

Amydoll-My hubby just got a new pup for father's day and his name is Ranger too!!
AmyDoll

Post by AmyDoll »

[quote="TEXASDAISY_27"][quote="AmyDoll"]Well Ben and I wanted to try and have me fly up to Drum but the tixs were like $600 round trip so he is bringing his new puppy (appropriatley named Ranger) and heading to D-town for R and R. Happy 4th everyone have fun and be safe :D[/quote]

We will be baseballing all weekend with our boys! I'm sure we'll find some time to throw some BBQ and cold bere in there somewhere. We currently have a burn ban in our county, so I'm not sure about being able to do fireworks and the kiddos are not very happy about that at ALL!!

Amydoll-My hubby just got a new pup for father's day and his name is Ranger too!![/quote]

Daisy what kind of puppy? Ben's is a white Lab, he is training him to be a lean mean hunting dog machine lol. But for right now Ranger just whines, and chews things and trips over his own paws soo cute :D :lol:
Daisey

Post by Daisey »

AmyDoll wrote:
TEXASDAISY_27 wrote:
AmyDoll wrote:Well Ben and I wanted to try and have me fly up to Drum but the tixs were like $600 round trip so he is bringing his new puppy (appropriatley named Ranger) and heading to D-town for R and R. Happy 4th everyone have fun and be safe :D

Amydoll-My hubby just got a new pup for father's day and his name is Ranger too!!
Daisy what kind of puppy? Ben's is a white Lab, he is training him to be a lean mean hunting dog machine lol. But for right now Ranger just whines, and chews things and trips over his own paws soo cute :D :lol:
He's a Golden Retriever. He's our fourth one!! They are the best dogs with the kiddos. He's already been to the river twice and he loves our pond! He's doing pretty good on fetching. But his love is the water. Everyday when I would get home he had knocked his water bowl over and had a field day in it!! I hated to break his little heart...but I got him a watering system so he can't tip it over. Thank goodness for Spanish tile!!!
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

AmyDoll wrote: But for right now Ranger just whines, and chews things and trips over his own paws soo cute :D :lol:
Sounds like an Option 40 DEP to me, send that pup to school! :D
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Drinking beer and cleaning out my garage.

Those of you heading to the reunion, have fun and be safe.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Kwith
Tadpole

Post by Kwith »

Willy, Me too, Easton, Pa is where I grew up. The Philly area sure is more exiting than here in Missouri. I usually go home every couple of years and eat as many cheesesteaks, tastycakes, sausage and other chow unique to the area that I can shove in my mouth.
I hear ya about those tastycakes... I got some cream filled chocolate cupcakes in the kitchen right now :wink: Just went to Pat's yesterday for lunch too, can't beat a good cheesesteak and some cheesefries from the King of Steaks.

http://www.patskingofsteaks.com/
CHUCKCOOLEY
Tadpole

Post by CHUCKCOOLEY »

IM SPENDING IT AT MY WIFES COUNSINS HOUSE AT SMITHVILLE LAKE, MO. WHAT SUCKS ABOUT IT IS THAT I AM MISSING RIVERFEST IN KC. I WANTED TO SEE KENI THOMAS PLAY THERE. HIS CD IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE EVER HEARD. SECOND TO ONLY TOBY KEITH UNLEASHED!
I WISH I KNEW HE WAS APPEARING THERE BECAUSE WE WOULD OF CANCELLED THEN. SUCKS TO BE ME BIGTIME. WELL, I CAN GET DRUNK AND PUT MY FOOT IN MY MOUTH LIKE I ALWAYS DO! I HAVE AN ACT FOR FUCKING UP MY WIFES FAMILY FUNCTIONS.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

ChuckCooley wrote:IM SPENDING IT AT MY WIFES COUNSINS HOUSE AT SMITHVILLE LAKE, MO. WHAT SUCKS ABOUT IT IS THAT I AM MISSING RIVERFEST IN KC. I WANTED TO SEE KENI THOMAS PLAY THERE. HIS CD IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE EVER HEARD. SECOND TO ONLY TOBY KEITH UNLEASHED!
I WISH I KNEW HE WAS APPEARING THERE BECAUSE WE WOULD OF CANCELLED THEN. SUCKS TO BE ME BIGTIME. WELL, I CAN GET DRUNK AND PUT MY FOOT IN MY MOUTH LIKE I ALWAYS DO! I HAVE AN ACT FOR FUCKING UP MY WIFES FAMILY FUNCTIONS.

Nothing changes..... :wink:
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

rgrpuck wrote:
ChuckCooley wrote:IM SPENDING IT AT MY WIFES COUNSINS HOUSE AT SMITHVILLE LAKE, MO. WHAT SUCKS ABOUT IT IS THAT I AM MISSING RIVERFEST IN KC. I WANTED TO SEE KENI THOMAS PLAY THERE. HIS CD IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE EVER HEARD. SECOND TO ONLY TOBY KEITH UNLEASHED!

Nothing changes..... :wink:
It sure doesn't, but at least he did get an avatar! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
jsmurphy
Tadpole

Post by jsmurphy »

I'll be brewing an Octoberfest beer.
11B20 leg grunt. OSUT Benning '80. B 2/13 FRG '81-'83. B 1/58 Benning '83-'84.

Fuck the UN

Return to “The Mosh Pit”