waitress: Sorry, nope we don't have that on our menu

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

Nija wrote:Reminds me of the time I was in L.A. for some kind of corporate training. First day there, while we were out to lunch I asked the waitress for some sweet tee.
She looks up and says pardon me. Again I say ‘may I have some sweet tee’ she is all pissed off and leaves. The others are dying laughing at me. I can not figure what in the hell is so funny. One of them states that out here you only ask for Tea. There is no such thing as sweet tea.
Put a hint of a southern drawl in the statement and you get
May I have some sweetie? :twisted:
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Warriorwife
DSOTYR - Ranger Wife

Post by Warriorwife »

Nija wrote:Reminds me of the time I was in L.A. for some kind of corporate training. First day there, while we were out to lunch I asked the waitress for some sweet tee.
She looks up and says pardon me. Again I say ‘may I have some sweet tee’ she is all pissed off and leaves. The others are dying laughing at me. I can not figure what in the hell is so funny. One of them states that out here you only ask for Tea. There is no such thing as sweet tea.
Put a hint of a southern drawl in the statement and you get
May I have some sweetie? :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Daisey

Post by Daisey »

BigSis61502 wrote:
Rimmel wrote: I don't get it either, but then I ain't from around here. :wink:
LOL, I know people like that....Coke is everything. :lol:

The only thing that I've wanted but was not on the menu is sweet tea :cry: ... you know you're not in the south when they don't have sweet tea (and you have to make it yourself)!!!!
Down here if you ask for tea, it comes sweet--I don't even think they offer it unsweetened.

And if ya actually request unsweet...you get the one eyebrow raise :lol:[/quote]

There is nothing worse than going into a restaurant and asking for sweet tea and the waiter says, ever so kindly, "we only have un-sweet tea, but, there's sweetner on the table." UGH!!!! That just don't cut it!!!
SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

BigSis61502 wrote:And if ya actually request unsweet...you get the one eyebrow raise :lol:
I got sooooo friggin' tired of that dumbass look....no I want Tea. If I wanted to drink sugar water I would go find a humming bird feeder somewhere!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I regularly eat at a cafe where the bartender (the owner's aunt) tells everyone: "Listen, this is not Burger King, you get it the way I give serve it."

Gave up tryng to argue with Miss Sheryl about ten years ago. Best place to eat in Northern Virginia.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Daisey wrote:
BigSis61502 wrote:
Rimmel wrote: I don't get it either, but then I ain't from around here. :wink:
LOL, I know people like that....Coke is everything. :lol:

The only thing that I've wanted but was not on the menu is sweet tea :cry: ... you know you're not in the south when they don't have sweet tea (and you have to make it yourself)!!!!
Down here if you ask for tea, it comes sweet--I don't even think they offer it unsweetened.

And if ya actually request unsweet...you get the one eyebrow raise :lol:
There is nothing worse than going into a restaurant and asking for sweet tea and the waiter says, ever so kindly, "we only have un-sweet tea, but, there's sweetner on the table." UGH!!!! That just don't cut it!!![/quote]

Tea isn't tea unless it's sweet. :D
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

SmileyTFJ wrote:
BigSis61502 wrote:And if ya actually request unsweet...you get the one eyebrow raise :lol:
I got sooooo friggin' tired of that dumbass look....no I want Tea. If I wanted to drink sugar water I would go find a humming bird feeder somewhere!
Oh, come on Smiley, :lol: :lol: :lol: . It's got to be a little syrupy so when your ice cubes melt it doesn't get all watered down and diluted. :lol: . :wink:
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
Daisey

Post by Daisey »

289sotherhalf wrote:
Daisey wrote:
BigSis61502 wrote:LOL, I know people like that....Coke is everything. :lol:

And if ya actually request unsweet...you get the one eyebrow raise :lol:
There is nothing worse than going into a restaurant and asking for sweet tea and the waiter says, ever so kindly, "we only have un-sweet tea, but, there's sweetner on the table." UGH!!!! That just don't cut it!!!
Tea isn't tea unless it's sweet. :D[/quote]

You got that right!!!
Cat
Tadpole

Post by Cat »

Daisey wrote:There is nothing worse than going into a restaurant and asking for sweet tea and the waiter says, ever so kindly, "we only have un-sweet tea, but, there's sweetner on the table." UGH!!!! That just don't cut it!!!
Nope, it doesn't cut it at all :cry: . You can't make tea sweet after it's made....just doesn't work!

My boyfriend in high school was from Michigan. He called my Mother’s tea… syrup :lol:. I said, yeah what's your point :D
U.S. Army Signal Corps, 31M7A/31S
385th SigCo (FWD) Kuwait Jan 94- Dec 94
235th(67th) TACSAT Ft Gordon, GA. 95-97
--
Mainz-Kastel, Germany 98-00, AD Dept
Ft Bragg 00-02, AD Dept
Mason
Soldier

Post by Mason »

Unsweet Tea? Never heard of it, God Bless the South :D :D
SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

BigSis61502 wrote:
289sotherhalf wrote:
SmileyTFJ wrote: I got sooooo friggin' tired of that dumbass look....no I want Tea. If I wanted to drink sugar water I would go find a humming bird feeder somewhere!
Oh, come on Smiley, :lol: :lol: :lol: . It's got to be a little syrupy so when your ice cubes melt it doesn't get all watered down and diluted. :lol: . :wink:
Ya gotta love tea that'll make yer teeth hurt just a little. :lol:
Nope!
Daisey

Post by Daisey »

Rimmel wrote:
Daisey wrote:There is nothing worse than going into a restaurant and asking for sweet tea and the waiter says, ever so kindly, "we only have un-sweet tea, but, there's sweetner on the table." UGH!!!! That just don't cut it!!!
Nope, it doesn't cut it at all :cry: . You can't make tea sweet after it's made....just doesn't work!

My boyfriend in high school was from Michigan. He called my Mother’s tea… syrup :lol:. I said, yeah what's your point :D
Mine gets called syrup all of the time! And I say back...."if you don't like it, then don't drink it...that leaves more for me." :lol:

Return to “The Mosh Pit”