Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RangerX
Ranger

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by RangerX »

Zone you hit the nail on the head. The first set are "Action" movies. The second are "War" movies. Big difference.

But you're still a dumbass tanker. :lol:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

I hate to admit it, but I enjoyed the movie. I could nit pick stuff all day long, but overall it was an enjoyable show with plenty of boom and bang. And come on... you can't tell me you didn't get just a little bit choked up at the memorial scene towards the end...
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I know I got choked up, when they were beating that hot Colombian chic from CSI and I still didn't get to see her naked.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

"God Bless America" written and directed by Bobcat Goldtwaith, yes, him.

Probably the weirdest fucking movie I've ever seen, but still it did entertain me, I'm not sure what that actually says about me but fuck it.

About a likable middle aged guy that actually thinks a lot like a lot of us as far as stupidity in Hollywood and reality shows, lack of family values and every other fucked up thing on tv these days.

He turns into an 'active shooter' and it just takes off from there.

This is not a family movie, not even close, very vulgar language, very bloody scenes of violence and murder.

Enjoy it, don't say I didn't warn you.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

cams wrote:"God Bless America" written and directed by Bobcat Goldtwaith, yes, him.

Probably the weirdest fucking movie I've ever seen, but still it did entertain me, I'm not sure what that actually says about me but fuck it.

About a likable middle aged guy that actually thinks a lot like a lot of us as far as stupidity in Hollywood and reality shows, lack of family values and every other fucked up thing on tv these days.

He turns into an 'active shooter' and it just takes off from there.

This is not a family movie, not even close, very vulgar language, very bloody scenes of violence and murder.

Enjoy it, don't say I didn't warn you.
I watched it on Netflix when it first came out (straight to video) and I thought it sucked. This movie is a liberals view of what they think conservatives are like. They track down a character who is Bill O'Reilly and then shoot him for his views. I'm not a big of the big douche bag either, but they were over the top with that. Then they show tea party members beating up people and screaming in their faces at each chance. OK, name me a single instance of someone in the tea party assaulting someone. They gun down a bunch of the tea party.

So basically this is a liberal fantasy about how they would kill people they don't like, but they make a "conservative" do it for them.

There is a reason it went straight to video.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

They also pull up on the Westboro Baptist Church idiots and open up on those clowns, one of my favorite parts of the movie.

Liberal views or not, it's just entertainment to me. If I started looking for a political reasons or a conspiracy in every movie I watched I'd drive myself crazy. I enjoyed it, and I still hate commies.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Strike Back (Cinemax Season One)
on the front of the DVD box set it says "Brutal, Ruthless, Deadly and they're the Good Guys"
It's good to be bad :lol: :twisted:
all I can say is dang only 10 episodes I want more
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Argo was really good
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Netflixed "2016" and watched it tonight. This is an excellent insight into why Barack Obama leads the way he does. This is not a birth conspiracy movie, but a documentary using Obama's own books for source material. It traces his upbringing by his two fathers and their influence into what created the man that would be president.

It also gives a prediction of what America will be like in 2016 if Obama is re-elected.

Highly recommend it. See it before the election.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

rgrokelley wrote:Highly recommend it. See it before the election.
Please don't forget to vote!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Stake Land (2010)

A surprisingly well done zombie-vampire/ post apocalyptic horror movie that has been on SyFy a few times. I have defiantly paid to see a lot worse at the theater.
Trailer

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1464580/
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

rgrokelley wrote:Netflixed "2016" and watched it tonight. This is an excellent insight into why Barack Obama leads the way he does. This is not a birth conspiracy movie, but a documentary using Obama's own books for source material. It traces his upbringing by his two fathers and their influence into what created the man that would be president.

It also gives a prediction of what America will be like in 2016 if Obama is re-elected.

Highly recommend it. See it before the election.
Concur. HH6 and I watched it over the WE. This is a truly chilling scenario. Although it confirmed what we thought, it also brought into focus his primary goals and why he has them. Even though both of us had read the book and discussed what it meant, we had failed to grasp the most serious implications.
Tomorrow will be an historic watershed in US history. I am truly fearful for this country if the President is re-elected.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Lefty wrote:Tomorrow will be an historic watershed in US history. I am truly fearful for this country if the President is re-elected.
Amen, Karl! I already voted early.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “The Mosh Pit”