Most Memorable Novel You've Ever Read?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Kilted Heathen wrote:Lion Of Ireland by Morgan Llywellyn ( yes, it's fucking spelled right)

Lion Of Ireland is the story of Brian Boru, Ireland's answer to King Arthur and the very reason for so many fucking O'Brians' in the world. He repelled the Vikings for decades and legend has it that on campaigns his men had to fight him for their chow.
I listened to an audio book a few months back called the Princes of Ireland. A good portion was about Brian Boru. It was pretty interesting.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Kilted Heathen wrote:Lion Of Ireland by Morgan Llywellyn ( yes, it's fucking spelled right)

King Hereafter by Dorothy Dunnet

Lion Of Ireland is the story of Brian Boru, Ireland's answer to King Arthur and the very reason for so many fucking O'Brians' in the world. He repelled the Vikings for decades and legend has it that on campaigns his men had to fight him for their chow.

King Hererafter is the story of the real MacBeth. His real name was Thorfinn Sigurdson. He was the thirteenth grandson of the Earl of Orkney and hacked his way through his whole fucking family to the Scottish throne. He changed his name to MacBeth in a shrewd move to get the Pope to recognise Scotland as a Christian nation so further slaughtering could gain the Almightys' approval.

After all, we're not fucking barbarians.
Those two sound like a good fucking time! :lol:

I just finished a couple of books.

"The Hunt for the Jackal" by Bill Waugh (8/10)
"Jawbreaker" by Gary Berntsen (7/10)

Going to list the other books I have on my dresser in a little while.
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

The Paladin of Shadows Series by John Ringo. The series has a serious S&M bend to it that you may have to just get around (or dig if you are wired that way).

Just about anything by John is going to be a good read. His books are Military Sci-fi and for entertainment alone are really worth reading. He spent time in the AA Airplane Gang and has an understanding of Joe that few other authors have. He also answers Email when you bust his chops about getting RIP details wrong.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

The Jedburgh's by Will Irwin

What those studs overcame and accomplished was amazing.

Spec ops : case studies in special operations warfare: theory and practice by Will McRaven

VERY interesting read on specific operations, how they were conducted and what were the key elements to their success.

SUMMARY:
McRaven (commanding officer, SEAL Team Three) reveals secrets of special operations forces such as the SEALS, the Green Berets, Britain's Special Air Service, and Russia's Spetznaz, and describes techniques and strategies that worked for the Germans at Fort Eben Emael and the Israelis at Entebbe, and in the US Army raid on Son Tay in 1970.

The Walking Drum by Louis Lamour

My favorite book of his, I read it about once a quarter.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”