My best friend was in an accident

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

LowCrawler
Tadpole

My best friend was in an accident

Post by LowCrawler »

My pal james, my best friend since 2nd grade or so, was in a car accident last night. Someone fell asleep at the wheel, hit a truck, and sent that truck into James' van. The driver of the truck was killed. James and his mother are in separate hospitals about 90 minutes away from each other. James' hands were crushed very badly, and his liver is possibly damaged, while his mother's scalp was torn back, and her legs lacerated quite badly.
They are both alive, and are going to make it, but they are very badly injured and in quite alot of pain.

Please keep them in your prayers

-Jimmy
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

"We make war that we may have peace"
-Aristotle

"A post a day keeps the smoke away"
-Doc
Bell

Post by Bell »

Sorry to hear about your friend and his Mom Jimmy. Shit like this happens all the time. It makes us aware of it when it's in our own yard. Wounds heal. I'm glad they survived. Now go tell that buddy of yours what you really think of him. You've got the chance now. He could be dead and all those things you wanted to say would never be heard.

RLTW
Bell
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Jimmy,
Sorry to hear that kind of news.....especially at Christmas time. Thank goodness your friend and his mom weren't killed. I wish them both a complete and speedy recovery. Did this happen in Bwd?
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Post by Kelly-Belly »

It's horrible to hear about things like this, thank the Lord they are both going to be okay, but I will continue to pray for them.
Kelly

This should be you...that they call Incredible...
LowCrawler
Tadpole

Post by LowCrawler »

EarthPig wrote:Jimmy,
Sorry to hear that kind of news.....especially at Christmas time. Thank goodness your friend and his mom weren't killed. I wish them both a complete and speedy recovery. Did this happen in Bwd?
RLTW
EP
I'm not good with my local geography, but they had gone Christmas shopping in Abilene and were on hwy 183 i believe heading back toward Bwd near Coleman(?) it was front page in Sundays Bwd paper.... and theres more at the bwd bulletin website.

I just got back from hospital and im very very tired... its been a long day to say the least.

James is home now, hes fine but asleep, and his mother is much worse off. She suffered bone deep cuts on her left leg, and chipped her femur IIRC. They had to put her scalp back in place with staples, and her legs are swollen to the point where she wont be able to walk for a few days. If all goes well, she will be home by christmas. They were both wearing seatbelts.

They are both going to be fine, eventually... and thank God i passed up the invite on that trip... things could have been quite different, both James and I in the backseat, most likely unbuckled....

James is still not aware of the fatality and he will probably be very upset when he hears about it. Please continue to pray for them both.

thank you all for your prayers and kind words,

Jimmy
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

"We make war that we may have peace"
-Aristotle

"A post a day keeps the smoke away"
-Doc
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I just read the article, Jimmy. :shock: It sure could've been a lot worse. They were fortunate to come out of that one alive. I'm glad that you weren't along on that one. I'll keep them all in my thoughts.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”