Post by Runner »

http://www.portal.telegraph.co.uk/news/ ... ortal.html

Holy shit, is all I have to say about that :shock: :shock: :shock:

Malarkey
A co 3/75 '07-'10
lawdog
Tadpole

Post by lawdog »

Some one is looking out for that guy. I'd be screaming like a 12 year old girl the whole way down. Probably die of a heart attack before impact anyway.
“You got the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up, ok? You got the right to an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney, we will provide you with the dumbest fucking lawyer on earth. If you get Johnny Cochrane, I'll kill ya!â€
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

There are a few of us here who can relate to this guy's thoughts.... :shock:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Osli
Embryo

Post by Osli »

:shock: Wow... If that happened to me I'd probaly become as stiff as a steel rod and land on my head. :shock:
Bruce
DEP 11x Op40
BASIC ship-out 28 Jun 05
jakeshoe
Ranger

Post by jakeshoe »

He mentioned he couldn't pop reserve because of body position..

I believe I woulda popped that bitch regardless.
Aco/HHC 2/75 95-99
pjd
Ranger

Post by pjd »

The 25-year-old officer, who was making only his third parachute jump, cracked three vertebrae in the lower part of his back and dislocated a finger, when his fall was broken by the roof.
I fell 850ft. and broke 2 vertabrea in 4 places - How does he fall 4 times the distance and end up with almost the same injury? Fucking shit, I got ripped off.
A 1/75 Rgr Regt 96-97
1/503 Inf Regt (AASLT) 97-98
Broke Dick @ WAMC 98-99
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

pjd wrote:
The 25-year-old officer, who was making only his third parachute jump, cracked three vertebrae in the lower part of his back and dislocated a finger, when his fall was broken by the roof.
I fell 850ft. and broke 2 vertabrea in 4 places - How does he fall 4 times the distance and end up with almost the same injury? Fucking shit, I got ripped off.

Because your done accelerating by 850 ft.

He didn't hit the ground any harder than you did. He just had a longer time to think about it before he did.....
RSD 96-99
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

So, what do you call this? A good day or a bad day?

Guy in 1st Batt had a malfuction in Germany, landed in a sugar beet field, fucked up his legs and back. The dudes carrien the litter flipped him out of the litter on the way to the ambulance, broke his nose. Ambulance wrecked on the hard ball road and went into a ditch sideways and dislocated his shoulder and broke his collar bone.
I never hung around this guy anymore....he had ver' bad juju!
None of us would do that ambulance thing after that. We would take our chances just walking on broken feet, legs, ect...
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

At Ft. Bragg in the mid-80s, there was a ROTC cadet job shadowing (I guess thats what it would be) with one of the line units in the 82nd. There was another ROTC cadet with him. This genius was disconnecting his canopy release assembly's to screw with the other genius. He apparently didn't put it back together right, and when he went out the door, one of them released and he was in a world of shit. He deployed his reserve, which then immediately wrapped around his main. He fell 800 feet in less than 10 seconds, did a PLF and walked away from it with nothing more than a bruised foot. This happened on Nijmegen DZ.

I guess thats why they call it dumb luck.

I had 1 bad jump (and it was my last one), and 1 pretty scary jump but never got hurt. I get hurt doing stupid shit like playing air hockey (beer consumption was involved).
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
JimsYZF
Ranger

Post by JimsYZF »

This guy was very lucky indeed. I like the spokemans last statement...

"Adventure training is meant to have an element of risk built into it so the activity is challenging an exciting, but this was a bit excessive."

Duhhh, no shit really!!
SPC Wilson
1/75 Rgr Bn, B co. 1st Platoon, 2nd Squad.
'93 to Nov '96
Last Platoon Sgt - SFC Scott Mitten

Return to “The Mosh Pit”