Blackwater Security & TLC's Show Spymaster

Hand to Hand, Combative Skills, etc...
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Blackwater Security & TLC's Show Spymaster

Post by AngryPistols »

I was wondering if anyone watched TLC's Spymaster last night. I noticed the Blackwater 'Paw' on a target at their pistol range and I think that I saw another Blackwater sign in the MOUT CQB facility.

Hmmm, small world?

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Pistols,
The small world is recruited and vetted by personnel that either know one another or have "heard" of one another. If you look at the pool of personnel that have the skills required by a company such as Blackwater, you'll note that the available qualified personnel are few in numbers.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Ranger Silverback,

That makes sense. It just seemed strange to me that I had first heard of Blackwater about a montha ago and then the name just keeps popping up in the news and now on a TV show.

Angry
Angry

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

as far as I can tell they are the only company that currently actively seeks out tier 1 operators. I am sure the other companies try but BW seems to specialize.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Fireguy275
Ranger

A few divisions in that company...

Post by Fireguy275 »

Kind of a late response, but I just got here.
In addition to the security consulting, training,etc. Blackwater also provides targeting systems/range equipment so that may have been the reason you saw their logo there...
A 2/75 93-97
RGR 11-94
www.LMSDefense.com
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Re: A few divisions in that company...

Post by AngryPistols »

Fireguy275 wrote:Kind of a late response, but I just got here.
In addition to the security consulting, training,etc. Blackwater also provides targeting systems/range equipment so that may have been the reason you saw their logo there...
That explains it. The 'paw' was on a pop up target. Thanks Ranger Fireguy275.

Angry
Angry

Return to “Close Combat”