Introduction- Cole

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Warrior94
Embryo

Introduction- Cole

Post by Warrior94 »

Hello my name is Cole, I am a 19 year old from the great state of Texas. I am currently a Freshman at a university in Texas. I have wanted to join the military since about my Sophomore year in high school. My problem has been which branch of the military to join... (I'm not exactly sure how y'all will respond to this)
I was originally wanting to join the Navy and try to become a SEAL. Over the course of the last few months though I have learned much about RASP, the 75th Ranger Regiment, and the Army in general. I also met a Ranger on a plane ride, and he gave me loads of great information. I have looked into both branches and their Special Operations Forces, and after doing a good deal of researching I truly believe the Army is the way to go. I want to be part of a special brotherhood, and I believe the 75th Ranger Regiment is that brotherhood I've been looking for. I have been unable to some parts of PT as of lately due to nagging groin injury (pain in the a**), but here are my scores for the Navy PST I took about a month ago.

Practice AFQT at recruiting office- 78

Pull ups- 18
Sit ups- 98
Push ups- 94
1.5 Mile Run- 9:17

I would really like an Option 40 attached to my contract, however I do not need an Option 40 to enlist (though it would be nice). I am confident in my mental and physical capabilities, and I know if a Ranger recruiter is at my OSUT recruiting for RASP, I will perform to the best of my abilities. This leads to my biggest fear... That is what if a Ranger recruiter never shows up? Or I ace the PFT and he says "sorry were full"? My big question is this; If I perform perfectly will there be a slot for me at RASP?

This seems like an amazing site that is full of great information, I am very excited to hear back from y'all!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction- Cole

Post by Jim »

Cole, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. Thus far, you leave a lot to be desired. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Your PT score is a baseline to build on -- but adjust to a two-mile run. Please tell us why you want to be a Ranger. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Cole.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Warrior94
Embryo

Post by Warrior94 »

Thanks CharlieRanger1FFV!

Ranger Jim, I am going to switch to the 2 mile PFT run. The main reason I want to be a Ranger is because I feel the need to be among the best of the best. So who's better than the Rangers? I don't believe it is anyone!
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome. PM inbound, Warrior94.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”