SITREP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Downtown_1
Future Soldier / Opt40

SITREP

Post by Downtown_1 »

Hello again Rangers and fellow members.

OSUT is over and was a breeze. The hardest part has been mentioned on this site before....dealing with the kids who are straight poison and who will bring you down to their level if you let them. DEPs take my advice and those of Rangers who have already made this known. Do not surround yourself with the poorly motivated and lazy. I saw Opt 40 guys fall out and drop their contracts more than once and it just blew my mind, one of who is a very good friend of mine and was highly motivated when we meet.

I left with a 300 PT score, 89 PU, 88 SU, and 12:41 2 mile. Running is in no way my strong point but I've never been worried about meeting the mark. My time / score will continue to climb as I push myself to get better. I was nominated for our platoons Iron Mike competition, and was picked by my peers to represent our platoon for Honor Grad but the Drill Sergeants let our PL take it, a good friend of mine and unfortunately he didn't win. For all of OSUT I was 4th squad leader, secondary PL, and PSG for FTX.

Exodus went by fast and I leave tomorrow to report for airborne holdover on the 3rd. I'm excited to continue training and get that much closer to RASP and that Tan Beret (as long as everything goes according to plan of course :D ).

A continued thank you to all the Rangers on this site for the tips, advice, guidance, and knowledge.
Sua Sponte
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP

Post by Jim »

I hope you have been PTing at home over block leave. They will run your ass off on the 3d. An old Fort Benning tradition. Keep up the reports on your progress.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Downtown_1
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Downtown_1 »

Its been a long time since I've been able to post a sitrep and I apologize but I am pleased to report back as a recent graduate of RASP 1. I graduated on Friday, May 10th with 77 others out of 197. If you count the guys who quit during pre RASP. We began RASP with 133 and its been a journey to say the least. I have made some amazing friends already who will be accompanying me as we join the ranks of the 75th Ranger Regiment.

I know things are about to get real and I will earn the scroll everyday for the rest of my life but I'm ready and excited to begin training and continue the fight.

Thank you all for the services on this website. They have helped me from day one of being in the DEP program to this day and I'm sure I will continue learning from the wisdom that has been instilled in this website. I hope to add any insight and help I can as I continue my career here.

Its an honor to say my new home is here at Ft Benning with 3rd Battalion.

RLTW!
Sua Sponte
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Well done. When you have been in the unit a couple weeks we will get you validated. Do you already know anyone who is serving in 3d Bn who can vouch for you here?

The easy part in over -- the tough part is about to begin! Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Derek, You have come a long way, Ranger (Ranger sounds good). A very long way! Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

Downtown_1 wrote:Latest graded PT Test by army buddy
2 mile: 13:42
PU: 64
SU: 59
PU: 11

I have a PT test planned with my recruiter for this Thursday morning and will post those scores then.

Latest Ranger Creed self test: 0 errors.
I bet your PT has improved since this post... :twisted: Good job Ranger! That is the standard.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
Downtown_1
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Downtown_1 »

Thanks and yes it has improved greatly. I don't know anyone who is in the battalion for more than a few weeks.
Sua Sponte

Return to “Letters from School”