Sitrep from StandSure

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
StandSure
Inprocessing

Sitrep from StandSure

Post by StandSure »

Well I'm proud to say that I've accomplished my initial goal when I signed my contract over a year ago. I graduated RASP last week with class 09-12 and now have the distinguished honor of serving with the best the army has to offer. Putting on the tan beret and having my wife put my scroll on me was definitely the proudest moment of my life. It wasn't easy at times, but you just have to find a way to battle through the mental stress and physical pain and push on to the objective. I know what it took to get here, now the fight to stay in Regiment begins. I promise not to settle and to keep pushing myself past my limits. It's hard not to have that attitude when mostly everyone around you does the same. I look forward to getting to my unit and living every minute of my life as a Ranger, on and off duty. Thank you to everyone on this board who has helped me or given me advice, most notably Rangers Jim, GoldCoast and SupplyRanger.

Advice for those about to go through RASP:
-Live every day by the Ranger Creed. Don't bullshit this one. Whether you think it or not, people are watching. When cadre aren't around your peers are the ones assessing you. Don't let immaturity or integrity violations come back to screw you in peer evaluations.
-Listen to the instructions being put out and take notes. You are required to carry a pen and paper at all times for a reason.
-Don't just meet the standard, exceed it. The standard is the minimum requirement. You should be shooting far past that.
-Stay motivated. You will stand out for all the wrong reasons if you don't give everything you have. Remember, someone is always watching.
-Don't fucking quit! You will be pushed to your limits and then expected to perform beyond them. Look at the guys around you sucking it up. You can do it too.

On to the next goal...earn a Ranger tab.
E Co 1/75
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Re: Sitrep from StandSure

Post by blueskiesalways »

Congratulations! You have a right to be proud!
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
StandSure
Inprocessing

Post by StandSure »

Thank you blueskiesalways.
E Co 1/75
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

Congratulations! It was fun going through this process with you. Glad to see that we both made it out the other side still in one piece.
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the Brotherhood, Ranger . . .Now listen to old timers in your unit and learn as much as you can. It is Your job to be the best Ranger that you can be!

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Both of you have good reason to be proud. You have both earned this! Now the tough part begins. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Congratulations Ranger StandSure - you've just joined our brotherhood.

I've upgraded your title & sent you a packet via PM.
Kudos to your Mentors.
What Batt are you going to?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
StandSure
Inprocessing

Post by StandSure »

Grim666, it was definitely an experience. Hopefully we'll be stationed at the same battalion when you finish your training. CharlieRanger1FFV, thanks for the welcome. I will live by the advice you have given me. Ranger Jim, thank you. I look forward to the continuous challenge. Quitting is not an option! Ranger Steadfast, thank you. I received your PM and will be sending a response shortly. I am going to 1/75.
E Co 1/75
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Congrats Ranger.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
StandSure
Inprocessing

Post by StandSure »

Thank you KW Driver.
E Co 1/75
StandSure
Inprocessing

Post by StandSure »

Quick Sitrep.

I've been at my unit for several weeks now. After about a month of down time since graduating RASP I have made it to HAAF. It's been fast paced since day 1. I have a lot to learn and accomplish in a short amount of time, but I like having high expectations. Look to the guys on your team for advice and be at the right place at the right time in the right uniform. My goal is to be the best and most proficient guy in my mos and earn a spot to go to Ranger School. Make sure you stay motivated all the time. This includes working out on your own time. In my unit it's up to you to do PT in the morning, whether it be on your own or with your Ranger buddies. Don't slack at all on this. I had a surprise Ranger School PT test last week and was told about it 15 minutes prior to it starting. I did well though and beat out the other guy on my team I was told that I was competing against for a slot at school. We'll see how it plays out. Keep your head in the game. Remember, you are a Ranger full time.
E Co 1/75
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

StandSure wrote:Quick Sitrep.

I've been at my unit for several weeks now. After about a month of down time since graduating RASP I have made it to HAAF. It's been fast paced since day 1. I have a lot to learn and accomplish in a short amount of time, but I like having high expectations. Look to the guys on your team for advice and be at the right place at the right time in the right uniform. My goal is to be the best and most proficient guy in my mos and earn a spot to go to Ranger School. Make sure you stay motivated all the time. This includes working out on your own time. In my unit it's up to you to do PT in the morning, whether it be on your own or with your Ranger buddies. Don't slack at all on this. I had a surprise Ranger School PT test last week and was told about it 15 minutes prior to it starting. I did well though and beat out the other guy on my team I was told that I was competing against for a slot at school. We'll see how it plays out. Keep your head in the game. Remember, you are a Ranger full time.
You've done well. Now the tuff part starts. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
StandSure
Inprocessing

Post by StandSure »

Thanks Jim. I will never quit!
E Co 1/75
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

OUT-FUCKING-STANDING RANGER!!

Now do your job like you've got something to prove. Make us all proud.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
StandSure
Inprocessing

Post by StandSure »

This Sitrep has been long overdue for a while now. The past year has thrown a lot of adversity my way. The last time I posted I was on my way to Ranger School. Unfortunately, it didn't end the way I foresaw it. I ended up recycling Darby twice and then getting med dropped for an issue I was having with my right knee. There are many words I could use to describe the way I felt at that point. None of them are positive. Coming home having not achieved my goal of earning a Ranger tab just sucked. It wasn't until I had to face the next challenge that I got over the outcome of school, realizing that I would get another chance.

Shortly after that we jumped right into the training cycle. You know the drill. Long days and nights. Not a lot of time at home. It was during this time that my wife was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Fortunately, it was located in an area in the back of her head where her surgeon was able to completely remove it. To say it was a tough time for my wife and I would be a total understatement. Everything else in my life got put on the back burner and all of my focus and attention was on my wife's recovery. It took some time, but she made a full recovery from the surgery and her follow up scans have been clear. Staying positive and being strong is what got her/us through it.

Like I said, it's been a crazy year. I've learned more about myself in this past year though than probably in all of my other years combined. Adversity will do that. It can make you, or just crush and break you. The decision is yours.

After getting to go on my first deployment and putting in a lot of hard work since arriving at battalion, I am getting a chance to go back to Ranger School. I am very eager to get this started and walk away with a "mission complete" this time. I will be taking a pt test in two weeks for a slot at SURT. I will be sure to post an update once I complete the test.

RLTW!
E Co 1/75

Return to “Letters from School”