Training Dates for Opt. 40?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
hoosiercm
Egg

Training Dates for Opt. 40?

Post by hoosiercm »

OK, I was talking with my recruiter this past week and he was working with me on getting me a 11x Opt. 40. He saw that there were not any available, so he called the ROC (i dont know if thats what it is called, saw that in another post. please correct me if i am wrong) and he told me they said they were working getting the "training dates for RASP". So I would like to know if this is a possibility or if he is screwing with me?
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Training Dates for Opt. 40?

Post by Steadfast »

hoosiercm wrote:OK, I was talking with my recruiter this past week and he was working with me on getting me a 11x Opt. 40. He saw that there were not any available, so he called the ROC (i dont know if thats what it is called, saw that in another post. please correct me if i am wrong) and he told me they said they were working getting the "training dates for RASP". So I would like to know if this is a possibility or if he is screwing with me?
This is going to be my ball-breaking moment.

I've been here many years and I do not recall any person, Ranger or otherwise being named OK. I investigated further & looked in our members file & lucky me there were only 4 pages of the letter "O".
I scanned each page and now know that there is definitely no member named OK. So in that case, whom are you speaking to?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Edge
Ranger

Post by Edge »

Rangers, If you will allow me to offer some help only because I have recently been through the recruiting process. Hoosiercm, Ranger Goon175(a recruiter) will know more and if he decides to respond that will be optimal. But, just from my experiences when I got my contract and down at MEPS, the reason your recruiter said they were working on getting the training dates for RASP is because they are working on the training schedule for FY13, which hasn't been built yet. I know this,from my experience, because although I signed my Opt. 40 in early July I pushed my ship date back to this coming June. It was at this time explained to me that although I ship in FY12 none of my add-on training, i.e. ABN and RASP,takes place until FY13. Due to this it technically wasn't even possible to give a simple Option 4 because none of the training calendars had been built yet. My issue was resolved by getting a later stating from my university the specific date of my graduation, it essentially acted as proof that I did in fact need to leave that late but also so they could slot my training. To this day my specific RASP date is not posted but my first assignment is RGV4, a quick email to the Regt. Recruiter proved this to be normal. I suspect that due to the dwindling of Option 40's being offered on the system and their popularity you are running into the same issue, not necessarily with school but just that you will inevitably have a contract that is hybrid FY12/FY13. Rangers, apologies if I'm out of line but I ran into a similar issue and thought I had a minute amount reliable knowledge to offer.
"Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be here,80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make. Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR,and he will bring the others back."-Heraclitus 500 BC

Mentee to Ranger Invictus
B Co 3/75
hoosiercm
Egg

Post by hoosiercm »

Sorry for the confusion Ranger Steadfast, in general I was talking to anyone on the forum who could or would be willing to answer my question.

Thanks Edgerusher71 for your response.

Return to “Recruitment Process”